You Remember || Leafy x GN!Reader

★ THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING @Zbrkka !!!! :)

You quietly strolled through the thick green brushes of the Yoyle grasslands, the beautiful skies coloured like honey, reminiscing the time you and Leafy had escaped from the consequences of what it is to be a thief. Throughout the entire competition of BFDI, You and Leafy stuck like glue, through thick and thin, high and low. But, an incident arose. 

Leafy had stolen dream island from Firey. Resulting in all of the former contestants chasing her after Firey's glider had crashed. You and Firey were both in on saving Leafy, but once it crashed, Firey just.. awkwardly stumbled off. He did nothing. You were upset about his selfishly driven choice that you decided to do the complete opposite; chasing after Leafy. You remember the adrenaline pumping through your veins, the cold foggy air, weaving through the thick black bushes and trees of the Evil Forest. 

You remembered how bitter they contestants were, and even began to assume you were apart of stealing the island but you didn't care. Because the only thing she had stolen from you, was your heart. You remember how sharp the grass was beneath your feet, and you could almost smell the soothing aroma of the pine wood trees. 

You remembered how Leafy had tugged your hand, dashing over to the thin stone bridge. How she whispered softly, with a reassuring tone, "Trust me, alright?" Leafy revealed a scroll, and placed it in your unoccupied hand. Your grip tightened. You could only wait with bated breath as she swung down the rocky bridge. How you had shrieked with fear, clinging onto her arm. She inhaled sharply, the contestants above her, ready to pounce. "Blue skidoo, you can too!" And there you were, in Yoyle Land. 

You make it out of the bushes and spot Leafy sitting down near her radio, static hissing from the copper box as she played with the switch lazily to feed her boredom. You tightly held the basket, full of an assortment of rocks and thin twigs, and a few chunks of wood. "I'm back, Leafy." You hummed quietly, in attempts not to startle her. 

"Oh! Hello, (O/n).." she flustered, a timid smile making its way onto her face. "What did you bring this time?" Leafy asked, peering over to the basket as you plopped down at the lilac coloured grass. It was fairly long, since you and Leafy aren't able to cut it properly. "I brought some stuff to make us a fire, since it gets cold around here," you interjected, slowly dumping the items from the woven basket in front of her. They made little pitter-patter as the rocks landed onto the ground. "That's a wonderful idea." She blankly responded, eyes jabbing at the materials. 

"Are.. you okay?..." You asked quietly. "You seem tense."

Leafy turns to you, locking eyes with eachother. "I feel a bit guilty.. I just know that no one may want to speak with you at all. They're all going to treat you like a thief, and you weren't even responsible for anything.. I'm sorry." Her eyes glanced away, the colours all blending together as droplets of tears fell to the ground. Her hands drooping to her sides. "Hey.. don't apologize. There is no reason to do so." You softly tell her, laying a soft hand on her back. 

"Do you know the reason I came running after you?" You said, your face flushing. There was a soft breeze in the air, swaying the grass carefully. "It was because, I loved you Leafy. I would never bring myself up to hate you for such a thing.." you admitted, scrunching your face up in embarrassment. There was silence. But, not an awkward one, a warm, comfortable one. 

You felt two hands gently cup your face, pulling you in. Soft lips pressed against yours. Fireworks went off inside your your chest. Leafy smiled, "I love you too."