Chapter 6.) Mai jr

"Don't sugarcoat me baby, Complex is overrated"

Complex is overrated"

"Your gonna be working on channeling your cursed energy by breaking walls, boulders, and what not" Maki said pointing at you making you point back to yourself. "huh" you said replied with a deadpanned expression implanted onto your face.

"I mean your already very skilled in close quarters combat but you can barley even use your cursed energy which is disappointing" She said standing next to you. "I believe you have so much potential inside of you that you just don't see yet. Fushiguro is not always gonna be by your side" the black haired girl said looking into your eyes to try and find something.

"Now break that tree down the middle!" She said whacking you on the head with her stick. "Ow!OW! Okay" you said running away from her and to the tree. You had your doubts but you tried at least.

The first time the tree didn't even shake as there was no cursed energy present in your arm.

The second time the tree shook a little bit but that's because you put more effort into your punch still no cursed energy present.

The fifth time your knuckles started to bleed.

The tenth time your blood was present on the tree.

"Tuna" A hand was placed onto your shoulder making you look over to see Inumaki. "Mustard Leaf?" he asked taking your hand into his and inspecting your bloodied knuckles. He then dragged you over to the steps taking out a tissue and dabbing your knuckles. He then tied the tissue up to keep it around your knuckles.

"Shake" he then said doing jazz hands to try and lighten up your mood. He then put a hand on your head and started to pat you in comfort.

"Hey Nanami you coming?" Nobara said making you turn your head to see her and Megumi at the top of the steps. You nodded and then followed after them making Inumaki look at your retreating figure.

-

"Long time no see junior me" Mai said winking over to you making you turn your head and flush at her words.

"So these are the pinch hitters for Okkutsu and third years?"

'Huh?! How is he even still in highschool did he get held back or something' you mentally yelled to yourself looking up at the guy.

"(Y/n) I came all the way here just to check up on you to see if you were ok after hearing that your classmate died. You know the half-curse beast having such a tainted and inhuman thing right beside you must've been hard. Sorrows. Aren't you feeling better now that he's dead" you held a unrelenting glare at the girl. To believe you had once called her your friend your senpai.

You hadn't even known the boy for about a week at most but you would never let anyone say that about someone you once called your classmate.

"Zenin-"

"Fushiguro was it? What kind of woman is your type?" Todou exclaimed making the three of you deadpan.

"Depending on your anwser i'll beat you half to death here" He said ripping off his shirt. "By the way my type is a tall woman with a big ass!"

That made you think what is your type of woman. You would've replied something along the lines of Agelina Jolie but now that you think about it some more it would probably be Yves from loona, or heachan. But those girls that you always see with locs and long skirts that play Jill Scott and Erykah Badu are also really fine. You honestly got flustered thinking even deeper into the topic.

Megumi looked over to you multiple times after Todou asked his ears had gotten beet red.

"As long as she has an unshakeable character, I won't ask for more" the spiky hair boy looked back over to you. Your face was screaming 'what the hell' at him which made him a bit confused.

Before you even knew it Todou pounched on Megumi sending him flying back.

"So how is little me doing?" Mai said throwing her arms over your shoulders and dipping her head a bit so it could rest on your shoulders as well. "Look Zenin I don't know if you got the memo before but we're not close anymore" you said giving her a stern look making her eyes widden it looked like she was about to cry.

"What are you doing with my errand runners Mai" Maki said poking her wooden stick at her sister. You slipped out of her grip and saw Nobara had snuck up behind her.

"I'll see you at the sister exchange event" you said to the black haired girl taking one last look at her before walking away to go find Megumi.

Mai and (y/n) used to flirt all the time and talk about guns and stuff since their cursed techniques are somewhat similar

they even went on a date before 😣🤯