Chapter Nine Pain

Giyuu woke in a little dimmed room on a fluffy white bed. The blanket covered half his body. The air smelled of different medicines, poisons, and sweets. He glanced to the right to see a small brown nightstand with a vase. Inside were some pretty red spider lilies.

Everything's blurred in his eyes. It honestly hurt him to move any muscle. It hurt to even breathe, let alone open his eyes.

The door opens and closes softly. The smell of food was evident near the doorway, but it got closer. The creaking wooden floors approaching Giyuu's bed were heard.

"Tomioka? Are you conscious?"

It was the sound of Zenitsu's voice! His voice was shaky like he was worried about Tomioka's well-being.

Tomioka nodded. It hurt like hell to do so. But it would hurt more if he spoke. It felt like he was burning as thick needles filled with acid-filled his lungs. But he knew that he had to power through the pain.

Zenitsu smiled, staring at him with relief, "I'm so glad you're okay! Everyone's worried about you. How do you feel? Does it hurt anywhere?

"Everywhere hurt." Giyuu's voice was hoarse and cracky. It sounded so hollow and weak to Zenitsu, who looked slightly concerned.

He placed the tray of food on the nightstand and turned to leave.

"Hold on, ill go get Shino..." Zenitsu's voice seemed far away as everything got blurry and hurt 2x more. The ringing in Giyuu's ears got so loud that it felt like it went all through his body.But he didn't care about how his body felt. He kept focusing on how worried Zenitsu sounded. He didn't think anyone would ever worry about him in his lifetime.