6 Tutoring (part one)

After lesson, Penni goes to the parking lot and searches  for Skylar, but can't find her. Then a girl approaches her: "Hey, I should tell you to come to the sports field."

"Okay, well thanks."

Penni: Slowly, I walk across the parking lot. If Miss Clark thinks she can command me what to do, then I'll keep her waiting. I mean is she serious right now?! We had arranged something and then she sends me one of her slaves.

As if it'd impress me how everyone runs after her. I'm really curious to see what's stopping her back there. Miss Clark is probably just too good to be waiting for someone in the conventional parking lot.
I stroll around and stop briefly to write to my mom:

Me
Hey Mom, don't wait for me with lunch.
Come later and have a private lesson as well.
Ly

Mom
Okay honey, we'll put something aside for you.
If you need anything, then let me know.
Love you!

Finally, I walk down the street and see Skylar. She is standing leaned on wall with a few others and they circle her as if Skylar would be the center of everything, which she probably is for them. Except for Skylar, everyone is holding a cigarette in their hands. They smoke and laugh.

If I see it correctly, then there are a few cheerleaders and guys from the football team. I just stand in place for a while and watch their interaction, until Skylar sees me:

"Hey Miller, come here." I hesitate but still take a step towards her. She stands up straight and says goodbye to her friends before walking in my direction.
"There you are finally. Where have you been? Didn't Nikki tell you?"

"Yes, sure, she did. I'm sorry you had to wait."

"Anyway, let's go, we'll be late!" I nod and smile. Then she opens her car. Again, I don't say anything and get on the passenger side. She turns on the engine, opens the roof and turns on the music. Skylar has good taste, I have to give her that.

"So, to yours?" Again I just nod. She looks over briefly and in the corner of my eye, I see her smiling before she looks at the street again.

I look at her. Not at her face but at her hands. She has only one hand on the steering wheel, the other lies casually on her lap. She types the melody with her fingers, that makes me crack a smile. Her hair hangs over her shoulder and she wears sunglasses.

"Do I have something on my face or why are you staring like that?" I quickly look away and at the floor of the mini. Gosh is this embarrassing, why can't I just be chilled?

"Is everything okay Miller, or did someone steal your voice?" Okay Penni, breathe. You can do it. I'm looking at Skylar again.

"Well, you were more talkative before. I already gained some hope, but it seems like yesterday was a slip. Hopefully you will find your voice again if you want to help me with learning."

"What do you mean?"

"I watched you Miller, you manage to say almost nothing without anyone noticing. When your friends talk, you sit next to them and smile most of the time, I mean I understand it, such a smile can be distracting, but how should your friends really know you if you don't say a word outside of class?"