14 realization

After school, Kylie drives to Skylars. They talk about what happened at school.

"Girl, you can be glad you weren't at school. It was so embarrassing because everyone saw the video.", Kylie laughs.

"If I catch these guys one day, I'll chop of their heads!" Skylar is still angry about the video. Especially because everyone has seen it, including Penni.

"Well, we have to look at the good things somehow." Kylie sits down closer to Skylar, who knows exactly what she wants to achieve.
"What do you mean? What's good about it?"

"Well, now that everyone knows about us, we don't have to hide anymore and I can kiss you whenever I want and wherever I want." Kylie leans in to kiss Skylar.

However, Skylar stands up and takes a few steps back: "Kylie stop. You know that I wasn't realizing anything last night and didn't know what I was doing?"
"Yes, but-"

"No buts Kylie, that thing between us has been nothing for a long time and won't ever be anything. My feelings for you are not the same and you know that very well!"

Kylie stands up herself and tries to come close to Skylar again, but as before, she stops her: "Is it her? Is it because of the nerd?"

"No Kylie, I just don't want you."

"But why? Am I not pretty enough for you? Or do you have someone? Just tell me, what's your fucking problem?"

"Kylie, it has nothing to do with you. Last night was a one-time mistake that happened due to my drunkenness and I just needed someone to be with me. It will never happen again."
"So it's really on Miller. I can't believe you."
"Kylie I told you there's nothing-"

"You tried to kiss her." Skylar is shocked about how Kylie knows of it and stays silent. "Surprised I know it? Well she told me amd I'm pretty sure from what was going on today, I'm not the only one she had an open mouthed towards."

Again Skylar stays silent and just looks at the floor underneath her feet. "I can't believe it, I'm right, am I? You really have a crush on the nerd chick."

Skylar sits down again: "Don't call her that. She's not just a nerd. Penelope is different. To everyone I know so far and that amazes me. But I'm not in love! And even if I have something other would define as crush, I can't change it or have any power over it. It's hard to take it back."

Kylie sits down as well. She's hurt from what Skylar just told her, but she tries to not let her own feelings speak, but the part of her who's the supportive best friend: "And what are you going to do about it now?"

"What am I supposed to do? I ruined everything yesterday with taking this step and as we now know, you were right all the time and Penelope isn't from our side. So I'll just get over without the tutoring, although, it'll going to be pretty awkward and afterwards everything will go back to normal."

Kylies hums in anticipation before it gets silent between the two friends. Skylar thinks and tries to realize everything that was just said when a question pops up in her mind: "Why were you talking to Penelope anyway?"

"Miller approached me during the lunch break because she wanted to know where you are and if you're fine. She saw the video and seemed more worried than angry. She told me, she thought you weren't attending school because of the kiss and that she wanted to talk to you."

Skylar: That's impossible. I can't quite believe Kylie. I mean is it really possible that Penni wants to talk to me after she rejected me and saw me lying in bed with someone else? What sense would that make?