22 mirror talks

"I can't believe you actually did that." the two girls sit laughing on their seats and enjoy their ice cream.

"Oh of course I did, you cam trust me on that one.", Penni says while taking a breath of laughter, "Noah and I were pretty badasses at this time."

"Okay, okay. And what happened afterwards? Did you get caught?"

"No, we actually made it... But we brought it back the next day."

Skylar starts laughing out loud while Penni looks ashamed at her ice cream."You seriously stole a praise from your church with all the effort and then brought it back the next day?!"

"We had a guilty conscience, okay?"

"Allright, this is my new favorite story from now on."

"Thank you very much, now I don't feel bad in the slightest..."

"Oh come on, that's a sweet story." Penni doesn't answer. Instead, she looks at Skylar, her ice cream, and Skylar again.

"Would you like to try some of my ice cream?"

"Ehm, of course, with pleasure. If you don't mind?"

"Oh of course not, I like to share." Penni raises her spoon to Skylar's mouth, but before she can eat the ice cream, Penni spreads it on her face. Skylar's mouth is open while Penni laughs. A few seconds later, however, their face is also smeared and after a short eye contact, the two fall into a battle of ice cream.

When they had cleaned their faces again, Skylar drives Penni home. As per usual, she parks around the block, so that no one sees them girls together. And like every other time, they keep quick eye contact before Penni reaches for the door to leave.

However this time, Skylar holds Penelopes arm before she can get out: "Wait, you still have some ice cream left there."

Penni turns around again and looks at Skylar. She raises her hand to Penni's chin and wipes the corner of her mouth with her thumb. Again, they keep eye contact when Skylar looks at Penni's lips. Without thinking further, she closes her eyes, leans forward and connects their lips in a slow longing kiss.

At some point, the two have to take a breath, which is why Penni is leaning back. She opens her eyes: "Thank you for the special evening.", and disappears from the car without further words.

_____________________

Penni: With a smile I walk down the street to our house. The evening was beautiful as ever and I actually managed to kiss Skylar.

I quietly open the front door so that my parents don't notice that I'm a few minutes late. I don't believe they'd think it's bad, but would ask questions and I'm too happy to come up with excuses why I'm still outside this late.

As I slowly sneak down the hallway, I become aware of a voice from the living room: "Penelope?"

With a sigh, I turn around and run into the room, so I need excuses. "Yes Mom?"

"You're late, is everything okay? Didn't Noah want to sleep here?"

Okay, here we go: "Uhm no, he still had to do something. But I should send many greetings."

"Hmm, and what exactly did you two do today?"

"Schoolstuff" I clearly have to get better at lying.

"Okay, then I hope you had a nice evening with Noah." Why does she emphasize his name like that? Anyways, I don't really care right now and I probably just heard it the wrong way.