1 ¶¶ I DON'T NEED A MAN

~*~
ASHLEY

"

"The Montague's party is tomorrow, is everything ready?..... refreshments, music...."

"Ashley, stop" Diana said as she walked up to me. "You have to relax. You always do this."

"Do what?"

"Freak out before an event even if you're fully aware that everything will fall into place."

"I do not.....and how do you know that everything will fall into place. What if the refreshments come late..... Mr Montague will kill our boss, and then I'm going to be fired.....oh wait.... I am freaking out."

She crossed her arms and gave me the 'i told you so look'

"You need to chill. You've been doing this for over 4 years now and we've never gotten a bad review, unlike Lloyd's crew....."

I chuckled and she smiled at me.

"You're good at what you do so relax."

I took a deep breath.

"You're right."

"You should be more worried about the dress you're gonna wear. And then maybe hook up with one of the guests."

"Diana..... Getting laid isn't one of my priorities now. You of all people should know that."

"Ahemp....." We heard someone clear his throat from the door.

"Kyle...." Diana smiled at him. "Glad you could join us... Don't you think Ashley should get laid?"

I flushed while Kyle just chuckled.

"Diana please......"

"What? I needed his opinion." She turned to Kyle."You brought our goodies didn't you?"

He waved the paper bag at her before handing it to us.

"You are a lifesaver." Diana said as she took her cup of coffee.

"Thank you Kyle." I took my cup.

"No problem." He said as he took his seat.

"It's weird that we are sending an international celebrity to get our coffee." Diana sipped her coffee.

"I know right"

Kyle was a basketball player and FYI, he's a multimillionaire.

"You two need to stop raising my ego. Who says a celebrity can't be you guy's bell boy?" He batted his lashes

I chuckled at him.

This is why I like him......as a friend. He isn't a pompous bastard like some people.

I checked my watch, 2:45pm

"Hey, Diana, can you do the last minute review on the venue. I need to pick Jordan up."

"Sure."

"Are you going to bring her to the office today?" Kyle asked

"Yeah." I picked up my bag. "I'll be back in a few minutes."

I descended down the stairs in haste.

"Ashley." I heard my boss call

"Mr Jacobs, do you need something?"

Mr Jacobs was my boss and Kyle's father.

"Is everything ready for the Montague party tomorrow night?"

"Yes, Diana is doing the last minute reviews."

"I'm trusting you to make the event successful, that's why I made you in charge of this project. The Montague family are one of our biggest clients."