5: Jeonghan Is Jealous

A subtle smirk danced across Aerin's lips, unnoticed by Seungcheol as he was preoccupied with admiring the view outside the airplane window. With only an hour left until their landing, they were both engulfed in the anticipation of the upcoming event.

"I'm so thankful, Nicole, that you left all your work just to join me for my cousin's wedding," Seungcheol expressed, turning towards Aerin and tenderly placing his hand over hers, his touch sending a warm sensation through her.

Aerin met his gaze with a soft smile, her eyes reflecting her affection for him. "Hon, it's your family after all," she replied sincerely, her voice filled with warmth. "I can leave my whole company for you and your family, you know that, right?"

As Aerin placed her hand on top of Seungcheol's, giving him a reassuring smile, Seungcheol returned the gesture with a genuine smile of his own. His heart swelled with love for her; she was his rock, his pillar of strength, and he was immensely grateful to have her by his side.

Last Saturday, Seungcheol's world had been turned upside down when his father unexpectedly called him and informed him about Aerum's wedding—to Jeonghan, no less—scheduled for the upcoming 10th. Despite the awkwardness and unresolved feelings between them, Seungcheol knew he couldn't refuse his father's orders. And so, here he was, on a plane to Korea with Aerin, facing a flood of memories and emotions from his past.

Memories flashed before Seungcheol's eyes as he reflected on his relationship with Aerum. He still loved her like a sister, but their paths had diverged after a certain incident, and Seungcheol had distanced himself from his family, except for his parents, as he pursued a new life in LA. He wanted to leave behind the scandalous past that haunted him, despite once reveling in it.

"Oppa!"

A familiar voice interrupted Seungcheol's thoughts, and he turned to see Aerum approaching them, her smile as bright and bubbly as ever. Seungcheol couldn't help but feel a pang of nostalgia at the sight of her, his long-lost sister-figure. Despite the passage of time and the distance between them, Aerum's presence stirred a sense of warmth and familiarity within him.

"How are you, siso?" Seungcheol greeted her, using the affectionate term for sister. Without hesitation, Aerum enveloped him in a tight hug, and Seungcheol felt a sense of contentment wash over him. It had been too long since he had felt this closeness with Aerum, and he cherished the embrace, savoring the moment of reunion after so many years apart.

"You got skinny, are you working out or what?" Seungcheol laughed at Aerum's observation about his physique, but then he quickly remembered Aerin, realizing he had nearly overlooked her in his excitement. Taking her hand, he guided her to walk beside him, wanting to ensure she felt included in the reunion.

"Aerum, meet Aerin Nicole Park," Seungcheol introduced with a warm smile, presenting Aerin to his sister. Aerin returned the smile, and Aerum respectfully bowed in greeting.

"Aunt always talks about you, Ms. Park," Aerum remarked, her eyes sparkling with genuine admiration. "But you are even more beautiful than she described."

Aerin blushed at the compliment, grateful for the kind words. "Oh, thank you so much, and don't call me that," she replied with a chuckle. "You can call me anything—Aerin, Nicole. I'm almost your age, so everything works."

"Soon-to-be sister-in-law sounds fine," Seungcheol whispered playfully in Aerin's ear, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Honey, stop! Gosh, you are so cheeky," Aerin exclaimed, feeling completely flustered by Seungcheol's teasing.

Seungcheol grinned, enjoying Aerin's reaction. "Oh, come on, you like it," he teased back, reveling in their playful banter.

Aerum observed the interaction between the two with amusement. "You two are always so shy and flustered around each other, just like Aunt said. Now, let's go," she urged, leading them to her car.