𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆

𝒁𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂

Breakfast that next morning was quiet. Uncomfortably quiet. No one said a word, we just ate.

I did have to meet Billie at noon, so I thought that I would tell them about that since they know about us now.

I mean it certainly couldn't get any worse right?

"Umm...I told Billie I would meet her in the passageways at noon today."

"Our secret passageways?" My father asks

"Yes. But she's the only other one who knows about them I promise."

He sighs and places his utensils down.

"Bring her here."

"What?" Me and my mother both say

"Instead of meeting her in secret, I shall send you and a few of our guards with the carriage to where she lives and you will bring her back here."

"Are you serious?"

"Well if you really intend to go through with this then we might as well meet the woman I suppose."

"Thank you father."

"You are my daughter Zalia. And you are daughter before you are princess so I suppose I will hear you out about this...women stuff."

"Thank you father, that means a lot to me."

He only gave a nod but I still smiled, knowing that even if my parents didn't like it, agree with it or understand it. They still tried their best to, and I appreciate that.

~

𝑩𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒆

I grabbed my cloak from in the dining room and informed my mother I was heading out, but the second I stepped out the door I was met with the sight of palace horses and guards wandering the village, a carriage following behind a few horses.

"We are looking for a Billie O'Connell. If you know of her whereabouts you will do kindly and point in the direction of her home."

Suddenly everyone's fingers were pointing at me. I tensed up as they came up to my home. The one who was I guess driving the carriage climbs down and walks up to me.

"Are you Billie O'Connell?"

"Um y-yes sir. Have I done something wrong?"

"Your presence is requested at the castle by the king and queen. Please, come with me."

He holds out his hand and I take it as he leads me to the carriage and opens the door.

My mind swarms with various questions when I see Zalia sitting there, a sheepish look on her face. The guard helps me in and I wait until he shuts the door to say anything.

"What is going on? I thought we were supposed to meet in the passageway?" I whisper

"I told them. I told them both and at first my father was furious but I think he's coming around."

"What? R-Realky they accept us?"

"W-Well not entirely. They didn't exactly jump at the news and they don't exactly agree with this but they both said they would try and get behind it."

"So why am I in a palace carriage?"

"They wanted to meet you."

"What?!" I whisper yell and the carriage starts moving which makes me incredibly scared.

"Have you never been in a carriage before?"

"I'm afraid not. Is it always this bumpy?"

She giggled at me as she moves over next to me. "Only in the grass. There's no need to be scared my love."