𝑺𝒊𝒙

𝒁𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂

Me and Billie were like two happy and giggly fools as I dragged her through the castle to my room, quickly shutting the door. Her back was against it in an instant and our lips were pressed together in a kiss.

It surprised Billie as she let out a small squeal and a giggle before pulling back a bit.
"Mm, Zalia dear what has gotten into you?"

"Oh, joy my love. Pure and real joy. I have never been more happy than in this moment. Billie we are to be married soon. Legally married by law."

"In the palace too." I notice how her voice was a bit sadder as she said it.

"What's the matter my love, aren't you excited?"

"Of course I am, I'm thrilled. It's just...Zalia the palace..that's you darling. That's not me, I mean you know my parents were married in a barn and they were happy."

"You want me to get married in a barn?" I say with a hint of disgust and she laughs.

"No darling, no. I want the best of the best for you. I'm just not sure that I fit the whole palace, royalty thing. I mean even standing here in your room I feel out of place."

"Oh Billie, I don't expect you to change at all. I expect you to be the same girl I fell in love with. All the seamstresses are going to do is get your measurements, make a gorgeous dress, and do a little bit of makeup on your already flawless face. I promise you will look the same just...more glam."

She smiles and gives me a sweet kiss.
"I can't wait to seen you in your dress. You're going to look even more gorgeous than you already do."

"Me? You're going to look stunning my love."

"I'm not sure about that. I don't think I exactly have the figure for a dress like that."

"Oh, nonsense. You'll look amazing."

"Well I guess we'll have to wait and see. Speaking of waiting I should get back home, my mother will lose her mind if she doesn't know where I've run off too."

"Have you told her yet?" I asked and she tenses up a bit.

"Umm no. But I will, I'm just not quite sure how to tell her. I mean it's not everyday that your daughter tells you she's to be married, not only to royalty but to a woman as well."

"Well on the bright side, the date is already set and you're not a child so there's not much she can say to go against it."

"Would you come with me?" She asks, and looks at me pleadingly.

"Would you fell better if I did?"

"Lots. And maybe you could ask for my fathers blessing while you're there? My parents, they're very old fashioned. Even if he says no it'll still mean something if you ask."

"Of course I'll come with you my love. Come, I'll get the carriage ready."

I took her hand we walked through the long hallways of the castle to get to the entrance.

"Couldn't we just walk?"

"Darling, I am not walking all the way to the village in these shoes."

"But you would flee the country in the same ones?"

"That's..different I was running from love not to it. And it wasn't even love so it doesn't count."

"Why don't you just take them off?"

"I am not walking with bare feet."

"Oh Zalia dear, work with me a bit. That carriage is a death sentence." She says and I lightly scoff.