CHAPTER 25

"You don't want?" asked Yujin.

"N-No. No..of course I want. I-I mean if you are okay with it," stuttered Wonwoo.

"Meet me tomorrow for your first training. At the backyard,"

"Yes. I-I leave first,"

Wonwoo left the room in rush. Unconsciously, the small smile appeared on the side of her lips slowly.

»»»»»»

They trained for almost 3 hours straight. It surprised her that he learnt quite fast than what she expected. He had moved to phase 3 in only 3 hours.

"We will take a break for a while,"

Wonwoo slowly dropped his body on the ground full of snow. It was cold but he felt nothing. His temperature was kind of similar to his surrounding.

Yujin took a seat beside Wonwoo who was laying on the ground. It was already noon but The Vamp looked gloomy and barely filled with sunlight.

"You did great for your first try," said Yujin to break the silence.

"Thank you. It was hard for sure but I think I got a hang on it,"

"Sorry if I'm being harsh to you before,"

Wonwoo was stunned for a moment. Lee Yujin who was known for her stubborn and leader disease just apologized to him.

"When I know it's you who I should protect that day, I am mad at myself and the fate. Why should I protect the opposite gender from mine? Moreover, the man like you must be stronger than myself,"

"But the thought of being a pure blood human protector, by hook or by crook, I must protect you at all cost. I can't run from it even if I want to,"

"Why can't you just let Jun and Mingyu taking care of me in Korea? Why should I be here?" asked Wonwoo.

"I was bound to take care of your kind. Since I was born,"

Wonwoo knew there was more to it but he chose to not ask for more.

"I'm the one who should apologize to you. I hurt you a lot and you sacrifice everything for me," said Wonwoo.

"I thought we already done with this topic before," sighed Yujin.

"Let's continue," said her.

She dusted off the snow traces on her pant. She faced Wonwoo who already sat from laying down. She offered him her hand to help him getting up.

Wonwoo stared at her hand in confusion. It made Yujin slightly impatient. She held his covered arm and pulled him up.

"Don't worry about the spark. It won't happen twice," said Yujin when she noticed Wonwoo was worried about it.

"We are not sure about it. Safety precaution is a must," replied Wonwoo.

Yujin sighed. She grabbed his left hand in hers while showing it to him.

"See? No need to worry that much,"

Wonwoo did flinch a bit when she held his hand but relax when he knew nothing happened.

"Sorry..."

"For the phase 4, it needs you to stay alert and beware of your surrounding. If I did this- "

Yujin suddenly disappeared in front of him. He looked at his surrounding but she was not around.

The sound of electric shock surprised him but he was too late. He fell down after being numb by the electric shock.

Yujin got down from the rooftop and approached Wonwoo.

"- you should avoid it or shield yourself," said Yujin.

"But you just disappeared from me," whined Wonwoo.

"That's the phase 4. You must stay alert at all time. Whether you could see the opponent or not," said Yujin.

Wonwoo got up slowly when his nerves worked again.

"Okay, let's continue,"

Unfortunately, the result was the same. Failure. Wonwoo could not hold it anymore. His body got enough electricity flowing in his nerves.

"We will stop here for today. I don't think you can continue in your current condition," said Yujin.

Her eyes suddenly caught a sight of his neck. The two hole on it turned black and visible. Maybe because of the electricity in his blood earlier.

She closed the gap between them. Wonwoo who was distracted by massaging his sore muscles did not notice Yujin who already in front of him.

"Is it still hurt?" asked her while touching the scars softly.

Wonwoo was shocked. He could feel her touch on his scar and the electricity slowly faded away. He took her hand in his without breaking his eyes from her.

Yujin was surprised by his sudden action.

"W-What are you doing?"

She faced him in surprise. He held her hand firmly which made her more confuse.

"Lee Yujin, are that my ability running in your nerves?"