Just Tell Me

1st Person:

After AlHaitham told us about Dottore's background I thanked him and said that I would be asking someone else.

-"Thank you for the information, I will have to excuse myself now. Have a good day you two." I say.

-"Of course, good luck with everything!" Kaveh says with a smile. AlHaitham remains silent, simply giving an approving nod.

I left the two at the tavern, on my way to ask the one person I wish to avoid, Pantalone. It was already night, the streets seeming empty, the lights on, and the calm breeze blowing on my face. I closed my eyes, letting myself go with the atmosphere.  I decided to take some time to relax, I found a bench nearby and sat myself down. 

I felt truly at peace, and as I was about to reach bliss I felt someone sit beside me in the bench without saying anything. I opened my eyes only to be met with a sly smirk, closed eyes and a face I could never forget. 

-"Pantalone, what are you doing here?" I asked, confused at his sudden appearance.

-"I merely wished to sit down." He replied.

-"Cut the shit, I know you knew I was here." I say, beginning to sound irritated.

-"Why so serious~?" He asked, getting closer to my face.

I sighed, as much as I simply wanted to leave, I needed information from him. I knew he was going to keep teasing me until I broke. 

-"I need to ask you something."

-"Well by all means, go ahead."

-"Why does Dottore want Nahida's Gnosis?" I asked.

-"If you want to know, why not ask him?"

-"Just tell me." I remark, very irritated.

-"There is no need to get angry with me, even if I wanted to tell you I couldn't." He states.

-"What do you mean you couldn't?"

-"I mean that I truly don't know, I was sent by The Tsaritsa to accompany him incase anything went wrong, I also had some affairs I had to take of here in Sumeru." He says, genuine with his words.

I think to myself, this wasn't good, I didn't like Dottore one bit yet I had to ask him for the information. All this time I thought that Pantalone was the easiest link to get information from yet I was wrong. Even if I did ask Dottore for information he may just lie, which would only cause more problems as I may give Nahida false information. 

-"That bastard." I mutter under my breath.

-"Don't worry too much about that for now. Tell you what, how about I treat you to a meal?" he said. I stare at him in confusion, unaware if this is some sort of trick.

-"What?" I say in confusion.

-"What? Can't I be kind to you?" he said with a sly smirk.

After that he stood up and extended his hand to me. I hesitated before I took his hand and stood up. He smiled sweetly as his eyes opened slightly to reveal a beautiful eye color. After that he began to walk, guiding me with my hand in his, as we were headed to the destination we came across a beautiful area of the forest. The moon illuminating the ground and surroundings as fireflies lit up the remaining darkness of the forest. Crickets could be heard, some birds resting on trees, I gazed at all this in awe and Pantalone seemed to have a pleased look on his face.

After what felt like a few hours we reached a restaurant located in Port Ormos. It was at this point that I had realized just how quiet the streets were. Despite there being other people out they were all silent as they gazed at Pantalone. While he seemed oblivious to all this he wore a kind smile as he looked at me, his eyes barely open to stare at me. 

As we were entering the restaurant, the lady who stood at the entrance looked up at Pantalone with a scared expression, and before Pantalone could utter a word the lady spoke in a panic.

-"Master Regrator! P-please this way..." the lady said as she lead us to a table. Suddenly the restaurant fell silent as people didn't dare to utter a single word in the presence of the 9th Harbinger. 

We sat down at a table, then the lady gave us a menu of all the dishes and drinks before leaving in haste. Pantalone seemed quite pleased with this outcome but didn't seem to pleased with all of the silence as he stared at the other customers, all of them began to converse quietly, but enough to fill the restaurant.