Learning To Apoligize

"Camila, can I talk to you?" Shawn speaks.

"Talk? You want to talk after what you did?" Camila stands up.

"Can we just fucking talk? Katherine doesn't know that I'm here," Shawn says.

"So it seems that you're not her little bitch completely," Camila says.

Shawn rolls his eyes and fixes the sleeve of his suit jacket. "I am losing my patience," He says.

"And what? You're going to hit her?" Lauren stands up.

Shawn stuffs his hands in his suit pants pockets. "With you at her side and so many prying eyes, no. But I also don't have the motives and desire to do it anymore. Now I just want to talk to Camila. Alone," He says.

"Like I will let her-"

"Lauren, it's fine. Katherine holds his leash, he won't do anything," Camila says, cutting her fiancée off.

Lauren's hands' ball into fists as she turns to face Camila fully. "Stay within my sight," She speaks softly.

"I will," Camila nods. She plants a soft kiss on Lauren's lips before stepping around her and following Shawn down the pathway of the pier.

They stay in silence, Shawn looking out at the water, the wind blowing around his luscious curly brown hair.

"Why did you want to talk?" Camila asks.

"After your birthday party, Katherine talked to me. She told me not to create a fake DNA test for the baby. To let the world know that it's Lauren's child and not mine," Shawn says.

"And your obeying?" Camila asks.

"Anything she tells me, I would do. She's the woman of my life," Shawn says.

He stops walking after they've gotten far away from where Lauren and her friends are as he leans against the railing.

"If Elijah completes his word and starts taking the reins of Mendes Architects, then I won't need that child. Plus, my parents won't allow it," Shawn says.

"And are they accepting Elijah as your inheritor?" Camila asks.

Shawn sighs heavily. "Before, I would've listened to what my parents would've said. But now, since they know everything, I guess naturally that all went out the window. Katherine isn't afraid of disobeying her parents, and I'm not either. We will be happy together... Finally," He says.

"But she's losing her co-CEO title," Camila says.

"And that scares her. But I told her that everything that's mine is hers. My parents will never take my fortune away, not with me being the only man. And now that Mendes Architects has an inheritor, our legacy is secured, that it will continue, my parents are for sure not taking my fortune away," Shawn says.

Camila nods and leans against the railing beside him and some part of her is still afraid of being this near him but for some reason now, at this moment, not so much.

"Are you going to marry her? Once she and Lauren divorce?" Camila asks.

"I've been waiting to marry her for so long," Shawn says. He runs a hand through his hair. "I almost took her away with me before she was going to marry Lauren. She almost ran away with me too. But fear gripped her. You know, I wasn't afraid at that time. I didn't care about my fortune, I didn't care about the wrath of my parents or hers. All I was thinking about was that I was gonna lose the love of my life. When she got back from her honeymoon with Lauren, I was so angry and jealous and heartbroken. Lauren was always charming, loving, and loyal. She could make anyone fall for her. And I know Katherine loved me deeply but I guess I felt so small compared to Lauren. I... Almost broke things off with her. I couldn't handle it because... What if Katherine fully fell in love with Lauren?" Shawn says.