Chapter 15

_ . _

Chapter 15

"Huwaaaaaaaaaa! Why must you leave?!" Tacia cried like a child while her sister Bithia remained composed as she bid goodby to Samael and Erichthonius.

"Please be careful on your way, Your Majesty, My Lord," Bithia bowed, with her lips pouting secretly.

Samael let out a small laugh. He bid goodbye to the two maids as Erichthonius escorted him inside the carriage, galloped by a white-winged pegasus.

The carriage started to elevate upward, towards the puffiness of white clouds floating on the clear blue sky. It was nice morning weather; the sun was somewhat hot, and the birds flying above were letting out a small chirping sound.

Samael felt his chest pounding. It has been a while since he was back in Olympus. Though he hasn't even arrived at the Olympus' palace itself, the Olympus ocean has influenced his childhood a lot since Poseidon took him in as his illegitimate child from a Gordon.

"Just relax." Samael heard Erichthonius speak beside him. The young king was nonchalantly staring at the carriage window as if journeying to Olympus was his usual activity.

"Okay." Samael took deep breaths in and out, trying to mentally prepare himself, but paused when he heard the young king snickering beside him. "What? What's your problem?" Samael said with his eyes glaring.

"You don't have to worry about a thing," Erichthonius said with a smile as he fixed the disheveled part of Samael's outer robe. "They can't do a thing to you as long as I'm here."

"Then does that mean they'll try something funny when you're not around?"

"........."

Realizing Erichthonius' lack of response, Samael sighed and stared at the other side of the carriage's window. "I'm not as weak as you think, my king. It's not because of my battle prowess; it was my intent determination to survive despite the risk in front of me."

Erichthonius stared at him for a while. Samael's serious expression makes him wonder what kind of life he must've lived to make that kind of expression as he stares at the window. The young king was taken aback when his eyes met Samael's. His soft smile kept him in a daze as the young king listened to his voice. "If those gods try to do something, I'll happily welcome them with death in my arms. So you do what you have to do, and I'll mind my own business, husband."

The young king hadn't realized it, but his lips unconsciously curled into a smile. It was only then that he noticed his unconscious grin when Samael redirected his gaze outside the window as the carriage galloped straight into the mist of clouds, disappearing into nothingness.

The palace of Olympus was lively as usual. Several priestesses are busy cleaning every pillar of the temple while the others are arranging flower decorations. The priestesses of Olympus were once humans. They were women who devoted themselves to serving their lives for a certain God they served, and after they died, their souls would be transferred to the Temple of the God they served as a payback for their loyalty.

There were other exceptions, such as other priestesses who were already living in the Olympus. A god being intimate with a human is considered disgraceful, but it was infamous within Olympus society. So some offspring of celestial beings like nymphs, gordons, titans, or even gods who are humans will serve God as a priestess in gratitude for letting them be born in Olympus.

Having a priest at Olympus was rarely an event except at Hephaestus' temple. He was the God of Fire and Blacksmith, so he prefers collecting the souls of former human blacksmiths as priests to help him mass produce weapons and armor for the Olympus. There were several priests in his temple to serve him for his needs, especially managing the temple's affairs, which were led by High Priestess Delia.