9.Nightmare

He was missing his best friend so he decided to meet him on his birthday.
He was going to meet him after 2 years, saying he was nervous was safe.

He bought a box of his favorite chocolate.
He took the taxi.
Before stepping out he let out a deep sigh.
He was standing in front of his best friend's house.
"It's been a long time," Chan muttered under his breath while finding some courage before knocking on the door.

The door was opened by an unfamiliar lady wearing a black dress. Her red and puffy eyes were hard to leave unnoticed. It seemed like she has been crying for a long time.

He bowed down and started walking through the gallery, a scene of nostalgia and guilt hit him all of a sudden.

The atmosphere was giving her shivers down his spine for some odd reason.

On reaching the hall he heard some sniffles. The room was all crowded and everyone was wearing black colored dress.

It started scaring him, swallowing a big gulp of saliva. He made his way through the crowd and was met with a photo of his best friend placed on a wooden box.

He froze for a solid minute staring at the photo tryna comprehend what was going on.

He heard a familiar voice, turning around he saw his best friend's mother crying.

Seeing her he remembered the days when he spent with them. The sound of his mother's laugh still echoed in his mind, tears started forming in his eyes making the photo blur, it became clear when one drop of tear left his eye and others followed it started running down his cheeks.

He felt someone hugging him while sobbing but he didn't try looking down, cause the warmth of the hug was so familiar.

It was the same as how Felix's used to hug him.
He sure was a ray of sunshine, always bubbly and cheerful. Being around him one can forget all the pain and scars.
His smile was brighter than the sun but at times he can become savage too.

They had no secrets between them as Felix always said and I quote "Secrets create a crack between friends. What am I here for if u can't let down your worries."

................................

It has been 7 years but he still hated a part of him for not meeting him sooner.

He was soo focused on himself that he forgot about his one and only friend.

He was there for him whenever he needed but when it was his own turn to be there he wasn't there..

He still remembers how his mother told him about how much Felix was missing him, and how much he tried to get to talk to me.
How much he needed me when he was fighting alone with cancer.
Every night he used to cry himself to sleep thinkin' he did something wrong to deserve this.

How much he wanted to hold Felix in his arms securely, telling him none of it was his fault. It was Chan who left, who was too scared of how Felix will act he found out his parents are no more and he is under a lot debt.

It was all a nightmare for him. He resented the loss of time when he and his best friend could be together

The day when they last met was still clister clear for him.
How both were so happy and carefree.

Till this day whenever something happens new in his life. He visits Felix
And sits near his tomb, spending hours telling every detail happening in his life.