10. Ruminate

As the clock struck midnight, Minho knew that it was time to leave his friends behind and head back home. Although he had a great time with them, he knew that he couldn't stay any longer. The thought of dealing with his father's controlling nature made him feel anxious, but he knew he had to face him. Despite not resenting his father, his overbearing behavior was becoming more and more exhausting.

After bidding farewell to his friends, Minho quickly hailed a cab to take him home. Meanwhile, Chan was engrossed in the movie playing on the TV, while Jisung passed out on the sofa, exhausted from the night's festivities.

The ride from Jisung's condo to Minho's own home was quiet and sobering. The only sounds were the hum of the car engine and the occasional streetlight passing by. Minho was lost in thought, pondering how he would deal with his father's behavior once he got home. He felt the weight of his father's expectations weighing heavily on him.

When he arrived home, the darkness enveloped him, and he remembered the memories of playing hide-and-seek with his mother in the dark while his father laughed as Minho grew more agitated because his mother always found him so easily. Even though his mother was no longer with him, he could still feel her presence. Perhaps that's why he never wanted to return to the house he once called home. He felt a sense of emptiness as he walked through the familiar hallway.

He dragged himself to his room and lay on his bed, feeling drained. The room was quiet and empty. He looked around and realized that everything was still in place, just as he had left it. The posters on his wall, the toys on his shelf, and the books on his desk. Everything was the same, yet nothing was the same. He missed his mother terribly, and the feeling of loss was overwhelming.

He never wanted a perfect or wealthy life; he just wanted a family he could count on. He loved his parents, but he felt more connected to his mother. He remembered her smile, her warmth, and her love. She was always there for him, and he missed her terribly. He wondered if things would have been different if she were still alive. He longed for her comforting presence.

As he lay there, lost in thought, he knew that he had to confront his father's controlling behavior and find a way to cope with it. It had been a long-standing issue, and he knew that it wouldn't go away on its own. He felt overwhelmed by the pressure he felt from his father's expectations.

On the other hand, his father was worried about his only son. He loved him deeply, but he couldn't understand why he started hating him so much. He only wanted a good life for his son, and if he had to become a villain in his life to secure that, he would gladly become one. He wanted to ensure that his son didn't face the same struggles he faced in his life. But his son's hatred towards him made him feel like he had failed as a father.

Despite the challenges and difficulties in Minho's life, he knew he had to remain strong and find a way to cope with his father's behavior. He remembered his mother's love and warmth, and he drew strength from it. He just wanted a person in his life to love him and tell him he is not alone. He felt a sense of longing for someone to understand him.

The thoughts were drowning him, and he couldn't bear it alone anymore. So he just pushed away the thoughts and drifted to sleep. He hoped that he would find a way to connect with his father and find a common ground.

...........................