Chapter 4

A/N: Hellloooo! I'm glad y'all are enjoying this mini fic! I appreciate all of your love and support <3

Liam sat up in a haze, the missed medication was really starting to mess with his head. Opening his eyes he turned to the window, it was night time. Fuck, how long had he been asleep?

Checking his phone he saw the time was 9pm... his medication was usually given to him at 8am and 8pm. He either slept through it or they gave it to him while he was asleep. Either way Liam did not remember taking the stupid blue pill.

Sitting up he felt light headed, "mum!" He called out, when he didn't receive an answer he laid back down.

David was in his room within minutes "Liam, what's wrong?" He asked sitting on the side of Liam's bed.

"I feel really dizzy," he said.

David sighed, "it's one of the side effects of the medication, I'm sorry Li," he said. Liam squinted his eyes, hardly able to keep them open.

"Did I take my meds today?" He asked. David nodded, placing a hand on Liam's forehead to check his temperature.

"I woke you up for your morning meds and you took it and went straight back to sleep then your mother came up an hour ago and it was the same thing. You've slept a lot today, is everything okay?" David asked in a concerned tone.

Liam shook his head "my body feels weak, I feel dizzy and I want to throw up," Liam said softly, his voice almost weak as he didn't have the energy to sit up.

David gave a sad smile, "I'll get you some water, just have little sips," he said, once Liam nodded he went downstairs to the kitchen. "Here," David said coming back with a cup of water, that was when it clicked in Liam's head.

He grabbed the cup and threw it across the room, "you liar!" Liam yelled.

David was taken back by his tone "Liam, talk to me what's wrong?" He asked.

Liam sat up "get out!" he yelled.

David rose his hands defensively "Liam, I don't want to hurt you, just talk to me-" he said softly.

Liam crossed his arms "get the fuck out!" he hissed, David grabbed the cup and exited Liam's room.

Liam's mind was racing, fucking assholes... they dissolved my pills in the water. That's how they've been making me take it. They're onto me, they know! They know I haven't been taking my meds, fuck! Everything in Liam's body was telling him to stand up, screaming at him to check under his mattress.

But given his weakened mobility he was unable to lift more then one blanket off his body. Receiving a text he checked his phone, it was from David. 'Son, I'm sorry if I upset you in any way. That wasn't my intention. I'm going to work now but your mother will be home in a few hours. Love you' Liam gripped the phone.

Without a second thought he threw it across the room, his phone screen smashing as he did. "Fuck!" Liam screamed.

"What's got you so worked up cutie?" Liam whipped his head around to see Theo sitting in Liam's chair.

"How the fuck did you get in here?" Liam snapped, Theo pointed to the now open window.

"I'm like a ninja," Theo smirked, "what's wrong?" He asked stalking towards Liam, standing beside the bed.

"Go away-" Liam frowned, crossing his arms.

"Don't be like that little one, talk to me..." Theo said. Liam turned his face disgusted only for Theo to use his finger to turn his cheek. "I'm here for you Liam," Theo cooed.

Liam felt his walls crack, "I can't-" he sniffled.

"You can," Theo said, walking around the other side of the bed and sitting beside Liam.

"Do you just wait for my parents to leave so you can creep into my room?" Liam asked, half as a joke but the other half completely serious.

"Maybe," Theo laughed, one arm was wrapped around Liam's back and the other held his hand. "Talk to me," Theo said placing a kiss upon his head.

"Why are you so nice to me?" Liam asked, this should be weird right? Theo was still a stranger? And yet Liam had never felt more at ease in a man's arms before. Not his father, not David's and not even Masons. Theo's arms felt safe, he felt his heartbeat slow down and his breathing return to normal. It was as if Theo was his meditation,

"Because maybe I want to help you," Theo's voice soothed, Liam looked up at him with those big blue eyes.

"You want to help me?" Liam wondered.

Theo nodded, "you don't need to take those pills, I'll help you hide them," Theo said.

Liam couldn't help the small smile that appeared on his face. "I don't want to take them," he said.

Theo nodded, lifting the mattress Liam grabbed the baggie "that's a good place to hide them, we should keep them there," Theo said.

"Okay," Liam replied, shoving the baggie underneath his bed. His muscles feeling weak as he sat down on the floor "it makes me feel so weak," Liam pouted.

"I know cutie," Theo said sitting beside him, pulling Liam into his arms "it's okay."

"You smell nice," Liam said, his chin was resting on Theo's shoulder.

"Thanks," Theo smiled. Rubbing little circles on Liam's back while Liam felt his eyes grow heavy. "I'm tired," Liam said "it's the medication." Theo nodded, rising to his feet he offered a hand out for Liam to take. The boy accepted the hand and rose to his feet. Sitting in his bed he laid back, watching as Theo grabbed the blankets and placed them over Liam's body.

"You going to tuck me in?" Liam teased, a yawn following after.

Theo let out a soft laugh, "for you? I guess I can do that," he smiled. Pulling the blankets over him he made sure to tuck them in around the boy. About to leave he couldn't resist turning back, Liam looked so peaceful and cute. Theo placed a quick kiss upon his forehead and turned towards the window, grabbing the pipe he slid down it.

He'd be back tomorrow...

A/N: Nawwww sweet moments hehe

Published: 14th July 2023
Word count: 1049