𝐢. strange beginnings

THE SPRING TRIP TO THE FOREST OF Tuscumbia, Alabama, was probably one of the things most students looked forward to as it kicked off their spring break. Over 80 students in the High School signed up to go to the cabin, but in reality, only twelve teens were actually selected to go on the trip.

Barney Macher, as head of student council, was the one who brought the trip together in the first place. She wanted to make the break more interesting in the dull town of Tuscumbia. She selected the twelve teens, including herself, to go on the trip, and was confident that everything would go according to plan.

In the Spring, the lake waters were warm, and the sun would shine down on the cabin for the three days that they were there. It was the perfect getaway, and was going to be filled with 'friendly' activities. Or, that's at least what they told the school administrators in order to actually be able to go without having to pay for anything.

Barney found herself squished between her sister, Josie, and best friend, Sharona on the crowded and loud school bus heading in the direction of where the cabin was. They'd been driving for about 20 minutes now, and the cold morning wasn't exactly the most pleasant thing to feel when on a bus with no heat.

It would only be a few minutes before the large group of twelve wayward and cranky teens would arrive at their destination, and most of them inside were more than excited to arrive. Derek had been planning a movie night from the second he read his name off the list of kids attending, and came more than prepared.

From Tom Sawyer to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dee had definitely taken what exactly people were interested in watching into consideration. He had comedies, horror movies, mysteries, oldies, musicals, you name it, he probably had some movies of that genre packed into his blue worn out backpack. Grayson and Jesse, who were crowded next to him, were about 100% sure that he'd packed more movies than clothes.

The cold bus came to a sharp halt in the clearing out front of the old wooden cabin in which they'd be spending the next few days. The bus driver opened the bus doors, sending the students in the front of the vehicle out first with their bags, and those in the seats behind them close behind.