Introduction

Hi! Just to note, you don't have to read the introduction but it gives some story and setting context and background to the MC. If you just want to jump right into the story, feel free to skip :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vesper Viottan lived a very straightforward life. She had no particular interests or hobbies, yet easily succeeded whenever she felt so inclined to. So then, I suppose her main pastime was being exceptionally accomplished. She was in the tenth grade and went to a fine school, got exceedingly good grades, and earned good cash at her job at a cafe. But there was much to her that she hid from those at her school. She lived alone, and her only relative either died long ago or hid from the outside world. She had assumed them to be dead, for a grandmother over eighty-five with a poor heart and even poorer orientation towards her only granddaughter could only go so far in life. 

Vesper's life consisted of hard work and simple pleasures, such as a great piece of literature she just happened to come by at the library or learning to code fluently in a matter of weeks. She suspected she was different but with no sufficient evidence and no motivation to pursue her suspicions, she carried on with her life. She pursued every and all of her pastimes and interests, which changed as uniformly as one season slips to the next. 

Yet her life was soon to hide many secrets within its deep fissures.

We set the stage on Earth, but not our Earth. The Earth of this tale is far more fantastical, filled with animals and places that never could nor ever will exist. The setting of our scene is Silvem, a land where the very buildings themselves have been overcome by nature...