chap 3

recap: He bowed down. "I sincerely apologize. I swear i didn't know you were the prince" "No need to apologize, you saved my life"

The purple haired boy laughed and smiled. "I'm Reo. Reo Mikage."

Reo, huh.

——————————

"So." Nagi started, "What happened back there?"

"Apparently the Itoshi clan raided" Isagi replied, "They sent explosions and troops from all sides."

"Troops?! But I thought all the guards were down? Are they still outside??!" Nagi panicked, if they were still outside, that meant that Nagi was slacking off.

"Calm down. No their not anymore. Apparently some experienced fighter took them all down. I'm not sure who though."

Nagi sighed, a sigh of relief. His kingdom was okay. "I understand that a bunch of citizens houses were destroyed, so tell my father that we'll be paying for all the damage."

"Uh, Prince Nagi?" Reo interrupted, "About that, i overheard some nurses talking about your dad. Apparently he's in pretty critical condition..."

Nagi froze. His father? Critical condition? There's no way.

"Your joking?"

"..."

"I'm sure he'll be fine, Your father has gone through all types of th-," "Get out." Nagi mumbled.

"Leave, Isagi. Right now." Isagi understood, so he wasn't mad at Nagi. In this situation, anyone would want to be alone. Isagi tapped Reos shoulder for him to follow Isagi out of the room.

——————————

"Will Prince Nagi be alright?" Isagi looked at Reo. "Kid. If your parents were in critical condition, what would your reaction be?"

Reo paused for a moment before he spoke up, "I don't have parents, so I can't really speak on that.."

"Course you don't." Isagi murmured. Reo sat there quietly, but the atmosphere was very tense. Isagi kept glaring over at Reo, which made Reo feel awkward.

Reo got up and started walking around. He went to check on everyone else who got injured, making sure they were alright, after around an hour, he went to check up on Prince Nagi.

He quietly opened his room door, looking inside. Prince Nagi was laying on his bed. It looked like he was sleeping. Reo smiled and closed the door, walking away from Nagis room.

"Had fun?" Reo jumped from his spot hearing the familiar voice, "You scared me Chigiri." Chigiri laughed, "My bad, my bad,"

"Why are you here? I thought you were staying back with Hiori," "Nah. Hiori was sent off for another mission, so I just decided to follow you."

"Follow me? Really?" "You didn't notice did you? You let your guard down for the first time in a while. Well, atleast ever sin-," "Don't say it" Reo whispered. He knew what was going to be said, how could he not? After all he went through, that was the first name that came to mind, "You'll have to get over him someday, y'know." Chigiri said while turning his head

"You don't think i know that? I'm trying." Reo murmured.

Chigiri hummed. "Enough with all the sad stuff. I heard you saved the prince?"

"Apparently. I didnt even know he was the prince until a few hours ago. Gosh, I feel so embarrassed." Reo blushed. Chigiri laughed, it was the first time he had seen his friend flustered in a while.

a/n: holy shit i didnt even realize it's been over a month i'm so sorry guys
also i know this chapter is short but i had to get one out asap 😰😰 i'm sorry i promise the next chapter will be longer