chap 7

recap: "You have a lot of books. I'm jealous." Reo said, still setting up his bed. He took a glance of Nagi's bookshelf. "You didn't have books in your village?" "No, they were too expensive for us to afford. We only heard stories from people around the village." Nagi got up from his bed to walk towards the bookshelf, when he suddenly tripped over his own foot.

When he landed, he realized it was too soft to be the floor, and when he looked up, he realized he was on top of Reo. Reo was holding Nagi's shoulders while Nagi was holding Reo's waist for balance.

Nagi had just noticed how slim Reo's waist was. He started to feeling around, realizing how skinny Reo really was. Before he could move any further, he heard the boy below him whimper.

"Ngh." Reo immediately put his hands over his mouth, his face flushed. Nagi felt something poking his stomach, and when he looked down, he saw Reo was hard.

——————————

Nagi gulped before he got off Reo and sat against his bed frame. It was dead silent. Reo had also gotten up a minute later, his face entirely red.

"Um, if you wanna, y'know, deal with it, you can use the washroom." Nagi said, awkwardly looking away. Reo nodded and go up to use the washroom. As soon as he left, Nagi blushed. Not over the fact that Reo was hard, but the fact that Nagi was touching Reo so freely and that was the reason Reo was hard.

A few minutes later, Reo came out of the washroom and immediately went to bed, while Nagi was sitting up on his bed. Nagi looked down at Reo. "Hey Reo, I'm sorry for touching you without warning. I shouldn't have done that." Nagi started rubbing his neck in embarrassment.

"It's fine, I should be apologizing for, well, um." "No, it's fine. It's a natural reaction, I don't blame you." Nagi could see Reo's ears were bright red. He must've been really embarrassed.

Nagi decided to lay down to get some sleep. They would most likely forget this in the morning. Before long, Reo heard small snoring noises from Nagi, meanwhile Reo was under his covers, his face looking like a tomato that was about to blow up.

——————————

The next morning Nagi had happened to wake up first. It was only 8am, but Nagi had gotten used to getting up early at the hospital, while Reo was fast asleep. Nagi smiled as he looked down at Reo, seeing him sleeping so calmly.

Nagi got up and headed down to the kitchen. The palace was currently empty, no guards, maids, or servants in sight. They were all either at the hospital or in the safe house. Nagi decided it was best for them to stay there just in case another attack happened.

Although Nagi had been cooked foods by his chefs his whole life, he was capable of cooking himself a meal on occasions like this. He chuckled. Before Nagi could grab any ingredients, he heard a slight movement from behind, turning around, seeing Reo had awoken from his slumber.

"Good morning sleepyhead." Nagi greeted Reo. Reo nodded, still half asleep. His hair was a mess, which made Nagi giggle a bit. "What're you doing?" Reo asked, opening his eyes.

"I was gonna make breakfast." Reo looked at Nagi and laughed. "You? Making breakfast? That's unheard of. Sit down, I'll whip something up for us." Nagi took a seat at the dining table as he watched Reo put on an apron and tie up his hair as he began cooking.

He grabbed 2 eggs from the fridge and cracked them both onto the frying pan. Nagi watched Reo's every movement, carefully observing the steps. Reo then waited until the eggs had fried a bit before he flipped them over. He then used the spatula once again to place them onto their plates.

Next, Reo grabbed 4 pieces of bread and butter. He melted the butter on the frying pan before he placed the bread right on top. He waited a bit before he flipped the bread over. The bread looked crispy, Nagi's mouth was watering just looking at it.

Reo finished up the bread, placing them onto the places before he brought both places to the dining table and placed once in front o nagi and one in front of himself.

"Dig in." Reo smiled as he sat down, beginning to eat.

They both finished their food, slowly but surely as they got up from the table and placed their dishes in the sink.

"So, what are we doing today?" Reo asked, washing the dishes as Nagi stood beside him. Nagi thought for a bit. "I've already made sure everyone in the kingdom has what they need, so no patrolling. My father is fine too, so no going to the hospital."

Reo nodded as he continued washing the dishes. Nagi had realized since earlier, but Reo had seem to forgotten about last night seeing how he isn't nervous. Nagi laughed, relieving the memory of last night. Reo looked at Nagi, confused on what he was laughing at, Nagi brushed it off, saying an old memory he suddenly remembered. Reo nodded, still suspicious at how much he was laughing.

Reo finished washing the last dish before he dried his hands and sat back down at the dining table. "So, what do you do on days where you're free?" Reo asked Nagi. Nagi thought for a bit. "Lay in bed, usually. Sometimes I would go outside in the flower garden but I can't now since it's destroyed, so really just lay in bed."

Reo looked at Nagi, concerned. "You don't work out or anything?" Nagi shook his head, "How are you so built? I work out tons and I'm still as skinny as a stick!" Reo lifted up his shirt, revealing his lower abdomen. Nagi blushed, remembering last night.

"Seriously! How did you get so built!?" Nagi's face was still red. "How do you know I'm built?" "I saw at the hospital when you were changing, well, not on purpose. I just caught a glance." Reo said, looking away blushing.

Nagi blushed once again at the thought of Reo looking at him shirtless. He didn't know exactly why he blushed, but he did. "Um, I don't know. I guess I was just born like this." Nagi answered.

Reo sighed as his face when back to normal, a lighter shade of red. They both sat in silence for a few minutes. "Oh Nagi. I was going to ask you yesterday but I guess I forgot. Anyways, do you want to go to my village this week? Perhaps tomorrow? Although it's not far, we still have to leave early so we don't run into many people. Is that alright with you?" Reo asked Nagi. Nagi nodded his head.

"We'll probably spend a night or 2 there and then come back." Reo traced his fingers over the little scratches on the table. "You don't need to bring anything. Perhaps just some warm sweaters. If you don't have any, the ladies in the village can always knit them for you. They're pretty comfy, you know?"

Nagi had kept nodding after everything Reo said. Truth is, he wasn't listening to Reo, but rather admiring him. He didn't realize how pretty Reo was up close. You could see Reo's smile lines and some beauty marks. He was probably popular in his village among girls. Nagi felt his heart pound.

a/n: another chapter!! hope u guys enjoy it 🫶