An Avalanche of a Tournament

Arle, Carbuncle and Ecolo stepped out of the portal and ended up in a forest. "I wonder if we'll end up in a world without Puyo at some point..." Arle wondered out loud.

"Heh heh, like Ringo's world was?" Ecolo said. "I made that world a whole lot more fun~"

"You could've done it in a... I don't know... safer way," Arle told Ecolo.

"Bygones, eheh," Ecolo dismissed her point.

The three made their way to somewhere where they noticed a lot of citizens were gathered, not that any of them were human. None of them seemed concerned at all seeing their group, though.

"Welcome to what we've been planning for months," an announcer said, "the Dream Land Avalanche Competition! Get to the Fountain of Dreams to win the Dream Fountain Cup! But, if you meet a fellow competitor, you have to battle them in a game of Avalanche, and the loser is eliminated!"

"Maybe this Dream Fountain Cup has something to do with the Seraphim Orb," Arle whispered. "Maybe we should enter."

"Good point~" Ecolo responded.

"And I get the feeling that these Avalanche battles are just another name for Puyo battles in this world, just like those Mean Bean battles on Eggman's world," Arle concluded. "In that case, it's a Puyo Puyo tournament, and I'd love to win anyway!"

Arle, Carbuncle and Ecolo all tried to register into the tournament as one team, but they were all denied this, and were entered as induviduals.

"On your marks... get set... go!" Everyone who registered was off.

Arle was worried about how Carbuncle was doing. She'd never really been apart from him, aside from that one time he got lost at the circus, or that other time he'd ran off and somehow ended up in Satan's castle. She knew he could defend himself (a little too well) but she still didn't like being apart from him. As for Ecolo, she was much more worried about Ecolo's opponents than Ecolo himself.

As she was running through, she accidentally got her foot snagged on the root of a tree and tripped over. Not her first time faceplanting, so the only surprising thing was when the tree started talking.

"That hurt! Why did you have to trip over me?!" the tree yelled at her.

Arle couldn't even remember the last time she'd met a talking tree. "Are you... competing too?"

"Of course I am!" the tree said. "Number 2, Whispy Woods! Don't forget it!"

Arle briefly wondered how he was even competing, before challenging him in a Puyo battle. It was here she noticed the rules were, once again, the original rule. Also, he was fighting exactly how Suketoudara fought her in their first Puyo battle, when she'd just learned Owanimo and everyone went mad.

Unsurprisingly, Whispy Woods lost, after Arle let off a 5 chain stairs. He was now knocked out of the tournament, still unable to move.

"Oh, and by the way, wash your boots sometime!" Whispy Woods complained as Arle left.

"What do you know about clothes?" Arle complained back, seeing as he was a tree. Arle hated it when people told her to wash herself.

It was at this point that Arle realised that since she had only just gotten to this world, she had no idea where the Fountain of Dreams was. Maybe she'd just try to find her way to wherever this is.

Going through the forest, Arle saw some kind of faceless yellow blob cleaning up the forest. It could somehow speak, though. "Oh, what a mess! Must I clean up this entire forest?"

Arle definitely could have walked past it, but for some reason, she felt like fighting the second Kikimora doppelganger she'd seen recently. Was Kikimora in the Madou World when the meteor collided?

"Because I'm sure cleaning a forest is gonna help you win in Puyo battles."

"What's a Puyo?" the broom hatter said.

"Avalanche, whatever."

When the battle commenced, Arle noted how similar its strategy was to Harpy, even making sure to fill 2 rows with Puyo. Also unsurprisingly, Arle swiftly defeated them and ran away before they could lecture her about washing her boots.

Soon enough, she ran into another opponent, which told her she was going the right way. It was an orange circle wearing roller skates, a hat and white gloves.

"Let me paint you a lovely portrait..." the paint roller said.

"Let me guess," Arle said. "This is the part where you insu-"

"... of you losing to me, HA HA HA!"

"Saw that coming," Arle groaned, noting he played like Witch, and destroyed him with no issue, despite the fast drop speed.

Arle then exited the forest, and came across a vast lake, with boxing rings. It was at this point she re-encountered Carbuncle.

"Carby! Are you okay?"

"Gu... gugu..."

"Oh. I'm sorry, Carby. I'll avenge you, don't worry."

"Hello~" Ecolo suddenly teleported in. "What did he say?"

"Ecolo!" Arle said surprised. "He said a pink blob with red shoes knocked him out. Are you still running? Do... we have to fight?" Arle knew exactly how strong Ecolo was.

"Nah, some yellow penguin knocked me out in the first battle~" Ecolo said. "I just went back to prank Ringo for a bit~"

"Of course..." Arle said, unsurprised. "I'll avenge you, too."

"It's alright," Ecolo said. "Just make sure to win~"

"Of course," Arle said. "We will get that Seraphim Orb."

It was at this point that the 8 people that had made it to this stage of the tournament were put into a bracket to battle each other.

ARLE NADJA vs META KNIGHT

MR SHINE vs KING DEDEDE

& MR BRIGHT

KRACKO vs BUGZZY

KIRBY vs HEAVY MOLE

"Wait, what?" Arle complained seeing Mr Shine and Mr Bright. "Why do they get to be together?!" Her question was completely ignored.

Eventually, the first top 8 matches started. Arle got into the ring with Meta Knight.

"En garde!" Meta Knight said. "Show me your sword!

"Don't worry, I can still beat you without one," Arle replied.

"Hmph, it shall not matter in Avalanche..." Meta Knight said. Did he even know how Puyo Puyo worked? You have to attack to drop Garbage Puyo...

As she was thinking this, the announcer counted down.

"Ready... BEGIN!"