Chapter 29

First dates are something special. It's when a girl feels the girliest getting all dolled up to see the boy she likes. It's when she feels all the butterflies and nerves. It's when all her friends take over and get her dressed up looking prettier than ever. It's when she gets swept off of her feet and can instantly start picturing a future with him.

Being a fly on the wall I've heard everything. I've heard all the dreamiest dates and all horrific ones that can never be repeated for the sake of everyone's sanity. The girl who keeps herself to herself and has made herself almost invisible has been helpful in the sense that I know what to expect. Having brief flashbacks of conversations in the girls bathrooms where Darla Evans was head over heels for Marcus Fisher because he took her to the fanciest restaurant in all of Queens. How he had shown up at her doorstep with a bouquet of roses and opened her door for her, let her take control of the aux and how he held her hand the entire time.

A small part of me was expecting the same. I expected this date to be cliche because that's what Luca does best. Though there is nothing cliche about him, he still has his fair share of moments that make me believe that he may secretly be a romantic. That's just me though. This date could go so horrendously downhill that I might have to plan the next one.

"Knock on the door! What are you an animal?" I heard Elena harshly whisper as I made my way down the stairs. I watched as she slammed the door shut before turning around to face me with a sheepish grin on her face.

Barely seconds went by and there was a knock on the front door. Before Elena even had the chance to turn back around, Gabriel, Alex, and Sebastian ran into the foyer and gently pushed her to the side. I leaned against the wall unable to contain my amused grin as I watched them opened the front door, the three of them standing in a line no doubt trying to intimidate Luca.

"Name, age, date of birth, address, and social security number." Sebastian asked with his arms folded across his chest mirroring Alex and Gabriel.

"What the fuck is this?" Luca said narrowing his eyes at the three of them. I didn't miss the hint of playfulness in his eyes.

"Answer the questions pipsqueak." Alex spoke up as Luca rolled his eyes and let out a sigh.

"Luca Romano, eighteen years old, 10th of January, the house right next to yours, and I don't fucking know my social security number." He answered as Gabriel, Alex and Sebastian stayed put.

"What are your intentions with our sister?" Gabriel asked, my heart slowly melting. They considered me their sister.

"I'm going to take her on a date and hopefully make her my girlfriend." Lica answered confidently, my heart slowly beating faster and harder than before. He wants me to be his girlfriend.

"What so you want her to be your girlfriend and then you're going to dump her? Break her heart into a million different pieces for her to fix like an impossible jigsaw. Is that what you want to do? You're not going to marry her till death do you apart?" Sebastian said taking threatening steps forward.

Truthfully speaking if I hadn't know what Sebastian was like and how much of an unserious human being he is, I would've truly been intimidated by him seeing the look he had on his face. He looked ready to fight even though I knew it was all a little act.

"Heck I'd go straight for marriage but I'm giving my girl the whole relationship experience she's missed out on." Lica said, looking past the guys to find me. I was too high up on the staircase for him to see me. "Now get the fuck out of my way and let me see my girl." He glared at the three guys who stayed put.

A torturous fifteen seconds went by before they stepped to the side and let him in. If they took a second longer I was going to rip them apart myself. The second Luca stepped foot in the foyer, I noticed a bouquet of lilies and white roses. He looked so casual wearing his usual everyday clothing, but he looked more...handsome. As though he has put extreme amounts of effort just for me.