Chapter 8 - My Teddy, Artie

I do believe that today has been a good day. I mean I won a race Axton with a little help from Myla. My day couldn't get bad. Not yet anyways. I walk into the stall and strip out of my P.E uniform and back into my everyday clothes, when I am about the step out of the stall, when I hear my phone buzz on the bench.

Grams:

Hey sweetheart. I'm still stuck at the shop not going to be home for another 30 minutes I believe and I'm unable to pick up Elliot from school. Would you be able to do that for me?xx

Sophie:

Yes of course I can it's only a 10-minute walk away. I'm leaving the school now. I will see you when you get home. Drive safe.xx

Grams:

Thank you so much Sophie. I love you and be careful.xx

I shut my phone off, and grab my stuff and head towards the door.

"Hey Myla, I'm going to get going. I've to pick Elliot from school. I'll see you tomorrow. How about we spend lunch talking about the school fair and what we can do for it?" I say to Myla grabbing her attention.

"Yes of course. I'll see you tomorrow." Myla replies.

As I walk out the school gates and walk across the student car park, loud thunder crashes above me in the sky and I'm secretly praying it won't rain. I picked up my speed and sigh as I spoke to soon and I felt hard rain drops hit my skin.

'Great, this cannot be happening right now' I said to myself. Walking a little faster to get to Elliot's school, a car slowed down next to me, and I see the passenger window roll down and a cocky smirk plastered on Axton's face.

"Do you need a lift home little one? Because it looks like you need one." Axton speaks to me as he leans over the middle console of his car to see me better.

"I am not a damsel in distress it's only a little bit of rain. It's water and it's not hurting anyone." I reply to him as I carry on walking and it's because I have so much luck in the world, the rain starts getting harder to a point where I can see it bouncing off the path in front of me.

"Get in the car Sophie. Don't make me drag you into a my car." Axton shouts at me all while hitting his brakes making his car come to a stop. I abruptly stop as well because that's the first time he has ever said my name in a non-sarcastic way. I kinda like it. Stop it, Sophie.

"You wouldn't drag me into the car." I challenged Axton whilst laughing. But I soon stopped laughing as soon as I started, because his face went from an annoyance look to an 'oh really, try me look' in less than a second. Axton then went to take his seatbelt off.

"Okay fine I'm getting in. Only because it is raining not because you threatened me." I say while opening his car door. "Oh, Axton wipe that smug look off your face it doesn't look good on you."

"You know I've not had complaints about my face before." Axton says while driving out the school gates.

"Hmm." That noise is the only thing I can reply with. I fidget nervously in my chair and start to pick at my fingers. I feel Axton looking at me when he reaches the traffic lights. "Erm..."

"Just spit it out. What's the matter?" Axton asks with a little frustration.

"Well, I need to pick Elliot up from school. Are you able to drop me off? It's only down the road, please?" I ask.

Axton nodded slowly. "Sure, I can. I will take you both home. I don't want Elliot walking in this rain." Axton laughs. We again sit in comfortable silence with the music on low and I'm surprised when Axon starts to hum along the Birdy's Wild Horses song. I keep quiet enjoying him and be somewhat relaxed. Out of nowhere Axton starts to belt out the last chorus. After the song finishes realisation settles in and he whips his head to word towards me in sheer panic.