Chapter 9 - Surprised Visit

Myla has so many ideas she wants us to for the school fair and cannot decide on what to choose. After half an hour of being indecisive on two stalls, a kissing booth and bake sale.

"I think the kissing booth will be better. It's been a big hit over the years, and no one has decided on it yet Myla. Plus, there are plenty of people that will sign up for it. Lindsay and her minions will be definitely wanting to do it." Noah states

"I'm not sure Noah, as it's our project we have to be involved as well." I remind Noah.

"I'm not bothered about that." Noah laughs at me whilst wiggling his eyebrows. I roll my eyes at him and let him and Myla on with the details.

My mind wanders to Axton who I haven't seen at school today. Not that I am fussed. Or am I. I don't understand that after a few days he is on my mind pretty much 60 percent of the time. I've not seen him so far today he could be at lunch, but we decided and went back to homeroom and work in this project and after many arguments we decided on a bake sale and leave the kissing booth for someone else to do, no doubt Lindsay.

The rest of the day drags on, and it's finally time to go home. Knowing I don't have to pick Elliot up I go straight home to work on today's homework, bake sale planning and this damn science project. I am picking my things out of my bag into my locker that I don't need to take home when I notice someone walking behind me and as they near me a shiver runs through my body and I know it's Axton, sneaking a glace at him. I notice he has a black hoodie on with its hood covering most of his face.

"Hey Axton!" I say to him when he is behind me. "When did you want to work in the assignment again? I am doing a little more tonight on my own of course, not that I expect you to do it with me as well." I laugh noticing I'm rambling on when I finally turn around, he's not there but at his own locker. As I'm walking towards him, I can see him glance down at his phone messaging someone back I assume.

"Hey, earth to Axton, I was talking to you." Again, Axton ignored me and proceeded to slam his locker door and walk out of school. Why is he ignoring me? When I finally catch up to him, he is by his car.

"Axton, I'm talking to you the least you can do is acknowledge me." When I touch his arm, he filches at my touch. "Are you okay?" I ask softly. I hear Axton huff in annoyance, clearly at me I understand that much but what I do not understand is why. I pull his hood down, so he has no other option but to look at me. I gasp when I notice his left eye is sporting a nice bruise and his upper lip has a cut along with his right eyebrow. "Oh Axton. What happened?" I question whist my hand of cupping his cheek. Axton doesn't even look at me, he shrugs me off and proceeds to get in his car and drive off.

By the time Grams calls me down for dinner I have managed to do today's homework, draw out a design for the bake sale stall. As I am heading toward the kitchen, I send a text in the group with myself, Myla and Noah in to tell them about the design for the stall and we can start to make it when we can. In the kitchen Elliot is sat at the table still doing his homework, like seriously who gives 5-year-old homework. I grab the salad bowl off the counter and place it in the middle of the table along with the serving spoons.

"Need any help there buddy?" I say to Elliot. Elliot doesn't look up at me and continues writing in his book.

"Nope, I have finished." Elliot says proudly while writing the last few words.

"Great, now you can go wash your hands before dinner." Grams says. "So, I was in your room earlier putting some clothes of yours away." My Grams says a little too casually while putting the last plate on the table and taking a seat opposite me. "And I noticed a certain Artie is missing."

"Hmm. Yeah, Axton stole it. And you've reminded me I need to see him about that." I replied.

The rest of last week and this week went by quickly no other problems. I've been at this school now for two weeks and it seems everyone is over the new girl. I've not seen Axton much, it seems like he's avoiding me and not had a chance to ask him about Artie. As for our project, I've done most of the presentation and half of the essay, but I kind of guessed I would've had to do it. We have to present in 6 weeks and whether he shows is up to him. For the bake sale it's a go ahead with everyone and you guessed it the kissing booth is going to be done by Lindsay. I looked at my clock and saw it was half 6 in the morning, grabbing my running kit I went to my bathroom and got myself sorted. By the time I leave the house my Grams is up in the kitchen making breakfast.