Chapter Four - Noah

Noah is like a ball of energy just like Myla. I sit listening to them both about the school fair and the plans that are going to happen. I am intrigued and excited for this.

"Hey guys, do you need any help planning this school fair? Me and Grams are some good bakers. I can do a bake sale if there is one needed." I mentioned.

Noah and Myla both stopped talking stimulatingly and looked in my direction with grins on their faces.

"YES!" Noah shouted, "that would be great. This year we won't have to taste those sorry of an excuse cupcakes Lindsay bakes".

"I agree let's meet up after school to discuss further" as Myla said the teacher came in and the class started settling down. As the lesson went one Myla was not wrong about him being the best teacher, he involved us in practical work and was gutted the bell rang for the next class.

"Right, everyone before you go, I need to get everyone in pairs for their end of year assignment. This can either be a presentation, essay and or practical, we will go further in detail in the next few weeks. Right, the pairs are...". Mr Pryce announced, and I was getting excited to do this assignment until I heard who I was paired up with.

"And our final pair is our new student Sophie Miller, and you're going to be paired up with Axton Reed when he bothers to show up to my lesson." Mr. Pryce finished revealing the pairs and I felt the blood drain from my face with the mention of my name with his. Both Noah and Myla looked at with a hint of sympathy on their faces.

"It's alright for you too, you're paired up with each other and I am paired up with someone who doesn't bother to turn up. How am I going to pass this assignment?" I spoke. Myla walked towards me and patted me on the shoulder.

"Rather you than me, my friend, and all I have to say is good luck!" And with that she started to walk away. I stood there with my mouth wide open. Noah then closed my mouth and dragged into the corridor to our next class which was English.

English went by with blur it is one of my favourite subjects which is iconic as I love to read. We are starting a new project, Romeo and Juliet.

As lunch time rolled around, I felt like I could eat a whole buffet and not be ashamed of it either. I love food but food doesn't love my weight. Yes, I am one of those girls who wishes I can eat food and not gain weight, but unfortunately, I am not. I sit down with Noah and Myla at the table ready to dive headfirst into my cheeseburger and fries however a feeling came over me just like before when he spoke to me in the corridor this morning. A shiver to which I can only imagine he is the only one who can give me. I looked up and I was right he was staring at me again, but this time felt different like he was studying me.

Signing Noah distracts me from him saying "isn't Theo just nice to you know... look at?" I look over and see Noah with his head in his hands, looking at Theo dreamily with a sparkle in his eyes as if he was in love.

"Yeah, sure his is Noah a real catch." Myla says while stealing a couple of fries from Noah's plate.

"don't think I know you're stealing my fries Myla. Just let me be and dream about me and Theo and pray to God he is gay and he is taking his time coming out of the closet." Noah says.

I laugh with Myla and then it dawns on me that even though it was just mentioned a few hours ago that I have a school assignment and I am paired up with someone who hasn't turned up to two classes today. Yes, I said two. Axton did not show up for English class and I am starting to worry that I will fail before I have even started.

"Myla, what am I going to do about this science assignment when I have a partner who appears like he doesn't seem to care and not only that, but not care about school either. I mean just look at him and sat in his chair all laid back with not a care in the world." I huff. Myla looks over at Axton and then back at me.

"I mean, you could always go over there and tell him straight this is your education." Myla replies. And you know what she is right. This is my education and this is my last year, and I want to graduate by passing everything. I am not letting anyone take that away from me not even Axton even if I have to do this assignment by myself. I have done it before in my old school when no one wanted to work with me, so I doesn't bother me.

"You know what Myla; you are right this is my education, and I am going to tell him right now!" I say whilst standing up. Noah spits his drink out and ends up all over the table while Myla tries to grab my arm while whispering shouting,

"I was joking Sophie; I didn't mean it, go to Mr. Pryce and sort something." But I was too far for her to grab me, "oh gosh, what have I done?"