Chapter 6 - Opening up

After seeing what Axton did to that guy, it made me a little bit scared of him. Once out of the school exit, I thought Axton would at least let go of my hand seen as though he hasn't given me much choice not to go home with him and especially with the way he is holding my hand tightly like if a gust of wind were to pick up, I would fly away from him.

Reaching his car, he opens the passenger door for me and waits patiently for me to get in. Once securely in the seat I put the seat belt on, and he closes the door and then he gets himself in his car.

"What is your address?" he asks. I tell him my address and he set off out of the school gates to take me home.

In the car, it is silent between us, and the radio is on but low only filling in a little bit of background noise. I don't what to say to him? How do you speak to someone who has just punched a guy? I thought. I steal at glance at him. He looks relaxed while he is fixated on the road ahead, I must have been starting at him at him for a while as I only just notice he is staring back at me.

"You need to keep your eyes on the road!" I spoke

"Well, if you weren't too busy staring at me then you would've noticed that we are at your house." Axton laughed

"Oh." I blushed embarrassed and again feeling my cheeks go pink. "Did you want to come in for a drink, just a way to say thank you for dropping my off home?"

"Sure." Axton said nonchalantly and proceeded to get off his car.

Once inside the house Axton is taking a good look around and taking in what he can see as he follows me into the kitchen. I grab myself and Axton a glass each and pour gram's homemade lemonade and hand it to him. I watch as he raises the glass to his lips and takes a sip, then another.

"I'm guessing you like my grandma's homemade lemonade then." I say while taking a drink out of my glass.

"It's nice to enjoy something homemade especially when you have family to make it for you." Axton replies. I eye him up and have a slight feeling that there is a hidden meaning behind what he has said but my curiosity got the better of me.

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned.

"Nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about." Axton answers. "Anyways, while I am here did you want to talk about the damn science assignment you that got you all covered in milkshake?"

I beam up at him not because he mentions about the milkshake incident, but he wants to talk about the assignment.

"Sure, I do need to take a shower and change though to get the milkshake out of my hair properly, do you mind waiting here or the living room? Either or is fine with me." I spoke.

"I'm sure your bedroom will be better for me to wait in." Axton says cheekily.

I take one look at him, shake my head to the side and say "nope." With that I head upstairs and leave Axton to choose wherever he wants to sit.

I spend a good twenty minutes in the shower trying to get the strawberry smell and its stickiness out of my hair and off my body. Note to self, do not get covered in milkshake again, it's a damn pain to get off.

Walking out the bathroom I peek inside my bedroom half expecting Axton to be inside but glad he isn't. Walking down the stairs I observe Axton looking at the family photos on the shelf in the living room and notice he picked up a photo frame and looking at it with curiosity. It is the family photo with all of us in it which consisted of my parents, Grams and Gramps, and myself, along with Elliot. The photo was taken two weeks prior to the accident that killed my parents and Gramps. It was the last time we all got to spend time together.