You Have To Be Kidding Me

"What do I do?"

"Purple's not gonna die, King. Don't worry."

"But what if he does! What am I gonna do then?!"

"He's not going to die!"

"I know, I'm sorry for thinking that. It's just....I love this kid, Chosen. Losing him would hurt more than anything in this world! He means everything to me. I-I can't lose him."

"I can understand that. Dark means the world to me, too, and I understand how much you want to keep Purple safe. I want Dark to be safe too, and I definitely don't wanna lose him."

"Guess we're kinda the same when it comes to people we love." King said.

"Overprotective?"

"Yeah, I guess I am a bit overprotective." King admitted.

Chosen smiled. "But it's for a good reason. You love Purple, and he loves you. Your just...scared of losing him. Remind him that your here for him."

Chosen walked out of the folder, flashing King a thumbs up before jumping down to join the others.

King sat down next to Purple's bed and waited, his worry about Purple beginning to cascade over him.

Purple awoke in some place with a really bright light installed. He screwed his eyes back shut at the bright light, but quickly recognized King sitting next to him.

"Oh, thank God your alright. I was worried sick." King sounded worried, almost scared.

And that scared Purple.

"What happened? What's going on?!" Purple started to panic before King grabbed one of his hands.

"Calm down. Your just in a well-hidden folder on Alan's desktop. If we're lucky, Navy won't find you." King explained. Purple calmed down a little.

"But...what about you guys? Won't he find you? Or Second? Or the others?"

"We'll be fine. We're just worried about you. Me specifically."

"Of course you care the most."

"Kid, Navy could kill you! Even him kidnapping you is enough to hurt me! But killing you?! I'd be devastated for the rest of my life. I'm doing this for your own safety." King's voice broke as he clutched Purple's hand tighter.

"I know you are. I know how upset you'd be. Especially since I very nearly almost died last time." Purple said quietly.

"I just....I don't want you to get hurt. If these guys ever find you...you'll die. And I don't...I don't wanna lose you, Purple! I love you so much it would hurt me so badly to see you leave." King lunged at Purple, holding him close.

"I know. It's okay. I'm here now, you don't have to worry. I'll stay here with you, where I'm safe." Purple smiled as he returned King's embrace.

"Promise me you won't leave me."

"I promise, King. I won't leave you."

"I love you, kid."

"I love you too, King."

Dark, needless to say, was on the edge of freaking out when Chosen found him.

"Dark? Hey, bud, what's wrong?" Chosen sat down next to him.

"What if it doesn't work?"

Chosen was caught off guard. "What do you mean?"

Dark looked up at his friend, tears glistening in his eyes. "What if the anti-virus protections fail? And Purple dies? What if one of us dies?! Or...if you die.."

Chosen's heart hurt at how vulnerable and helpless Dark looked and sounded. Tears fell from his eyes as he buried his face in his knees.

"Dark...why would you think I would die?" He asked softly as he placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Because I'm scared of losing you! Ever since that nightmare about Navy killing you, I've been terrified that one day, you won't be here with me anymore, and that scares me so much! We just made up not that long ago, and losing you already would just....hurt."

Chosen was stunned. "Dark, I'm not gonna die. If I did, it'd be to protect you, okay?"

"You'd die....to protect me?" Dark asked quietly.

"Of course I would. Your my best friend, Dark. I care about you! I'm not the best at showing it, but I do care." Chosen said gently.

Dark wiped some of his tears away. "Thanks."

"No problem, bud. I'm always here when you need me." Chosen wrapped one arm around his friend as a comfort mechanism.

"I promise, Dark, these protections and precautions will work."

"DUCK AND COVER!" Yellow screamed as most of the desktop when into lockdown mode. Yellow tackled Blue to the ground and held him close, whilst Second, Green, and Red all jumped up to hide in the storage folder.

Chosen chose quick action and pulled Dark close to him, keeping one arm wrapped tightly around him, and the other out and ready just in case.

Once the bright light Yellow freaked out about came to a skidding stop on the other side of the desktop, the others emerged from the storage folder.

"The hell was that?!" Green exclaimed, glancing at the smoky pile at the edge of the desktop.

After another tense minute, a pink stick figure emerged from the smoke. King held Purple close to him in a protective manner, with Purple moving closer as if King would protect him. Dark, almost by instinct, grabbed Chosen's hand and didn't let go. The other five sticks cowered as Alan's cursor moved in front of them.

"Would someone mind telling me where I am?" The voice sat heavy over Purples head and dug deep into it.

That voice.

No. It couldn't be.

His shocked outburst sent everyone into a stunned silence.

"Mom?!"