CHAPTER 2: THE MUMMYS WRATH

Start writing your story

Anubis, God of the Dead, release the soul of the pharaoh, so his crimes can be avenged.

They all stood around staring at the sarcophagus, not knowing what was going to happen next as gold light begin to glow from the cracks of it. The silence was defining, just before the sarcophagus shot open, unleashing a boney, grey mummy hungry for revenge.

They all screamed in terror as they ran out of the exhibit to get as far away as possible from the mummy.

(C: MANNY) This beef jerky lookin' ass bitch popped out of there and when I tell you I have never ran faster in my life, I mean it.

(C: JOEY) I was on a rescue mission to save my friends but now I have to save myself.

The Sorceress stood at the door and ushered all of the guests out one by one. She held her dagger out as she stared the Mummy in his dead eyes before running after them away from the monster.

As they all ran out of the Egyptian Exhibit, the Mummy stood in the door and let out a bone chilling roar with his jaw wide open. Once they were all far enough down the hallway, they slammed the door to the room, keeping the Mummy out and as far away as possible from them for now.

"Shut it, shut it!" Gabbie shouted as she hid behind Destorm.

Mortimer and The Sorceress held the doors shut as they locked it in fear. All of them were in such a state of shock and they didn't know how to process everything that just happened.

"What the hell just happened? What is that thing?" Colleen asked.

"That's the damn mummy. We just brought him back to life," Destorm quickly told her.

They all just realized the mistake that they just made. They just brought back this evil mummy from the dead who was seeking nothing but revenge. The mummy banged hardly on the doors, causing Mortimer and the Sorceress to lean on them even harder. They all jumped in fear as they loud noise echoed through the room.

"Why did we do that?" Tana asked them with worry in her voice.

(C: TIM) This terrifying mummy chased us into this room and we don't really know what we're supposed to do, but all I want to do is get the hell out of here.

"Wait, there's a scroll right here in the corner," Rosanna said as she walked over to a corner in the room, picked it up and began to unravel it.

"He needs some lotion," Liza said.

"What's it say?" Alex asked.

The Pharaoh was a kind ruler, but those close to him were not. They killed him using dark magic and did not understand the evil consequences of their actions. As a mummy, his mind is a blur of hate and revenge but only he knows the location of the first jeweled key.

(C: COLLEEN) So, in order to get the key, we just need to talk to this terrifying, evil mummy whose mind if full of hate and revenge so this should be easy.

They didn't exactly get much important information from this scroll. They now knew how they could find the key, but they didn't know what they had to do with the mummy to get the key.

"So what do we do? Go back and talk to him?" Tana asked.

"Hell no!" Lele shouted. "Can't there be something else we can find that tells us where to get the key?"

"No, one of us probably has to die to get the key, remember?" Gabbie told her.

Safiya then noticed a big brown chest sitting on the middle of the table that they were all standing around. She immediately pointed it out to everyone.