CHAPTER 7: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

Ancient Arabia, 947 A.D...

In a beautiful tent hidden from all living things covered in all different colors from red to blue to yellow, a blue genie sat on a blanket of pillows with his legs crossed. He held his eyes shut as he breathed in smoke and breathed it out.

He took deep breaths as the smoke circled around the room.

Outside of the tent, a woman with long, wavey black hair with a red face covering wrote onto a piece of paper with her feathered pen. She then swung the cloth out of her way and entered the room to where she saw the genie.

He opened his eyes in shock as he eyed the gorgeous woman.

"How did you find me?" he asked.

He quickly stood up in anger and thrusted his fist behind him as blue energy began to circle throughout his palm. He was about to murder the woman in an instant, but she stuck up her arms in defense and looked at him.

"Wait! I have a story to tell you," she told hi,.

He looked at her in confusion for a few seconds before the blue light in his hand went dull. He lowered his arm as he watched her strut closer and closer to him.

"It's about a courtesan and a jinn who fall hopelessly in love," she told him.

She put her arm around his neck and pushed him back down to his blanket of pillows. She circled around him a few times before lifting her leg and sitting atop his lap.

"And though the world refuses to acknowledge their love, they're safe in each other's arms," she continued, breathing gently into her face covering.

The genie listened carefully to her as he admired her beauty.

"Will you run away from Arabia with me?" he asked her.

She took her eyes off of him for a moment and then turned back to him. She caressed his cheekbone before asking him,

"If you grant me one wish."

He began to take her face covering off, but she quickly grabbed his hand and pushed it away as she laughed flirtatiously.

"The wish and then I'm yours," she said.

He chuckled.

"It is granted," he told her, smiling ear to ear.

She got up from his lap and walked around the room. She eyed all of the treasures he held and began to pick up a lamp sitting on the ground.

"I wish for you to return to your lamp as my slave!" she exclaimed, holding the lamp up to his face.

He snarled at her as smacked the lamp aggressively.

"You're the storyteller. You betrayed me!" he shouted at her.

She opened the lamp as she grinned the biggest grin he had ever seen. She began to laugh as the genie was sucked back into the lamp never to be seen again.

She held the lamp close to her as a portal began to open just in front of her. She bent down to a knee as the Collector appeared from the portal.

"Animals must be kept in their cage," she told her.

She then handed the Collector the lamp as she watched her leave with the genie in her grasp.

THE MUSEUM OF DEATH

Safiya took the key and walked over to the vault. She placed the key into the keyhole and a chest opened across the room.

They all made their way over it to where inside they were met with a genie lamp and a note.