CHAPTER 4: A Wedding to Die For

Ming Dynasty, 1521 A.D...

The Emperor sat at a red and golden table with his bobbed black hair resting on his shoulders. A game of Chinese Checkers sat on the table as he looked across at a beautiful young woman dressed in a silky blue robe and blue jewels decorated in her hair. The Emperors mother stood in between the two of them as she looked back and forth at them with a smile. Her smokey red eye shadow framed her eyes as the beautiful golden headpiece she wore rested atop her head. She carefully moved a checker as she looked up into his eyes.

He slowly picked up a checker and held it for a few seconds. He gave the woman a smirk before throwing it on the floor, immaturely and childishly. His mothers smile turned into a disappointing frown. The woman laughed uncomfortably as she watched the checker bounce off the board.

"Oh. You're not very focused on the game, your Highness," she told him.

"No, ma'am," he said, giving her flirty eyes and shaking his head slowly.

"Checkmate," she said, moving a checker.

He bit his lip in anger as he moved around in his chair. He quickly grew upset and bitter as he glanced over to his mother. She didn't look back at him. She was embarrassed of him and disappointed that he failed to grow up in his many years of living. But all she wanted was the best for him.

His face slowly turned red as he flipped the board over, all of the checkers pouring into the woman's lap. She gasped as she looked down at herself.

"That was dumb," he said as he sat back in his chair egotistically.

His mother rolled her eyes as she sighed and held her hands together.

"I think it's time for you to go. Mother, get her away from me," he said.

She walked over to the woman and pulled out her chair as she removed her from the room. She gave her a smile as she walked her out the door and closed it behind her. As soon as she was out, her smile faded.

The Emperor returned to his throne and sat in it comfortably. He sighed as he closed his eyes and rested his body. His ego was so fragile that he had been through hundreds of women, all of which beat him in any game he chose to play and he banished them from his kingdom. His mother was getting fed up of trying to find him a wife.

She walked over to him and looked at him closely.

"You're never going to find a wife this way. A proper woman will always-" she started, rambling on before her son rudely interrupted her.

"Do I really need one? They're so boring," he annoyingly told her.

He didn't want a wife. He didn't want a friend. All he wanted was himself. He only cared for himself.

"The Dragon Rebellion are at the gates prepared to take your head. They're demanding an heir and that requires a queen," she explained quickly to him.

He looked at her and then away very fastly. He grunted and whined like a little toddler.

"Well if they're going to be like that, I'll think about it," he reluctantly told her.

THE MUSEUM OF THE DEAD

Another friend gone, another to go, and only five hours until the sun will begin to rise.

Destorm had just returned, and it was now time to unleash the next exhibit.

He handed the key to Colleen. She took it and walked over to the vault and inserted the key into the keyhole. Every door then shot open as Chinese performers entered the halls carrying a dragon around with them.