CHAPTER 6: THE MAZE OF TERROR

Greece, 450 B.C....
The cold wind blew harshly as the dark blue sky flew over the Museum of Death. Deep in a garden of statues at the museum, the Gorgon slithered around as she eyed her objects.

She hissed as she caressed the statue of a man, once a soldier, who she had turned to stone. As she was doing so, a portal opened up behind her. She heard the Collector appear behind her as she hissed.

"I don't want these anymore. They can't even touch me," she told her, her yellow eyes shining bright.

The Collector smiled as she watched the Gorgon turn to her. She stared directly into her eyes, her power posing no use to her.

"That is why I have given you a beast for your pleasure," The Collector announced before holding up a golden amulet necklace.

The Gorgon growled at her as she began to pace around the garden in anger.

"I don't need Poseidons help to control things. Not all of us have strange affections. You made me this way," she said, staring at the Collector with hate in her cold heart.

The Collector laughed as she lowered her hand. She rolled her eyes before getting in the Gorgons face.

"You chose it when you followed me here!" she shouted.

They looked at each other for a few seconds before the Collector angrily turned her back to her. She slammed the necklace down on a pedestal before walking away. The Gorgon eyed her as she left as she thought about what her life could've been. Once a beautiful and strong woman turned into an ugly and evil being who has no ability to change. She missed her life. She missed her beauty and her happiness.

She hissed once again and just behind her, hiding behind a statue was a Greek gladiator with a shield on his back. He came here for one reason; to kill the Gorgon.

He jumped up from behind the statue as the wind blew against his bare skin. He wore brown sandals and red cloth on his lower body.

He jumped around the hundreds of statues before he met the Gorgon. He crouched down to a knee as he pulled out his shield from his back and held it up to the deathly creature. On the front of the shield was a mirror.

He held his head down as The Gorgons bones cracked as she turned to look at him only to see herself in the reflection. She stared at her green skin, her snakes for hair, her sharp fangs poking out from her lips. She hated herself. She was disgusted by the way she looked.

He held the shield in hopes of her own abilities working against her, but nothing was happening.

"You've seen your own gaze. You're to turn to stone," he said, poking his head out from behind his shield.

"The stories are wrong. My punishment is to keep living knowing the monster I am," she explained.

He didn't know what to do. He needed her dead. So he pulled his long, deadly sword out to slay her once and for all but she didn't even bat an eye. She simply turned around and began to slither away as the beastly Minotaur emerged from the darkness.

The gladiator screamed in terror as the creature with a shredded male body and a bull head charged at him and ripped him into pieces.

MUSEUM OF DEATH

Something just came out of the clock, oh no, is our time up?" Liza asked in fear.

Lele picked up the note as they all began to read it.

The Black Knight has called the Gorgon home from her expedition. None of you will ever leave.

"We'll never leave? What?" Manny questioned.