Chapter 38: Tired (Ronnie)

I could feel myself getting tired. I didn't want to switch with Austin just yet. I only had a few more hours to go. I place my hand on Y/n's thigh, i look over and smile at her. 

The sun is setting, and quick. I didn't want to stop in the middle of the night though. Everyone in the back is already asleep, Y/n the only one to keep me company. I could tell she was trying her best to stay awake for me. I glance over at her and see her trying to keep her eyes open. 

"Sleep sweetheart, I know you want to" 

" I want to keep you company though, I feel bad that you have to be awake all by yourself." I can feel her gaze on me. 

"it's alright. I'll stop if I feel too tired to drive." I hear her groan beside me. She shifts in her seat she that her body is facing mine. I feel her grab my hand. 

"I love you Ronnie." I look over at her for a moment and smile at her.

"I love you too sweetheart. Now get some rest" I see her nod out of the corner of my eye. 

As I'm driving, I think of some song lyrics. I create a beat in my mind, if only the band were here.......

(time skip) 

Its about 3 Am when I reach the next state border. I pull over and gently nudge Austin.

"Yo man, are you up to switch? I really need some sleep." He nods and I carefully put Y/n's hand back on her side. I get out and switch with Austin, He fills the car with gas before starting up the gar again and driving. I take one last look at the road sign. 

'Welcome to Kansas'

i drift off to sleep.

when I wake up I see that Willow is leaning against me and Dre and Y/n have switched spots so its now me Willow and Y/n in the back. I smile at my two sleeping girls and kiss Willow on the forehead. 

My girls.....

Sorry that it's so short I'm really running out of ideas and its late at night for me. I'll try and get one more up before Friday. enjoy!!!