Deaf Ears

"She wanted to say 'Don't leave me, but she couldn't do it, not again

"She wanted to say 'Don't leave me, but she couldn't do it, not again. She was so tired of begging people to love her."
- Kristin Hannah
——————————————————

The two groups had combined after the traumatic events of Terminus.

Lots had happened in the two weeks they'd been on the road.

After meeting Carol she also had the honor of meeting baby Judith.

Judith is Ricks daughter, and she is absolutely adorable. Carl was great with her, he fed her and held her. And everytime it rained he'd move his hat over her, to shield her from the rain.

Carl and I had somewhat become friends, never really talking but definitely appreciating each other's company.

While on the road she had also become quite close with Glenn and Maggie. The couple was like a breath of fresh air in this shitty world.

You could see the love they had for each other from a mile away.

Hemera hoped to one day find love like that, love so sweet, it gets you ready to fight for your life, because for once, you actually have something to fight for.

Hemera has always fought for her father.
He was always there for her, so she made sure she was always there for him.

Now, it seems they're always at each other's throats.

It upsets her to think her father cares more about Eugene than her.

A part of her wishes they'd never met that overly smart douchebag.And she refuses to believe him, not even for a minute.

Something about Eugene just screams phony to her. And don't even get her started on his stupid freaking hair. What scientist would have hair like that?

Hemera was suddenly pulled out of her thoughts by the feeling of two eyes on her.

She immediately knew who it was just by the heavy steps.

"I can feel you staring at me" she acknowledged turning her head to look at the brunette boy.

"You looked a little out of it, just checking if you were okay, want an almond?" He asked her holding his palm out. She smiled softly taking an almond out of his palm and popping it in her mouth.

"Im good, quite peachy actually. I just love the way my hair sticks to the dried blood on my face, it's exhilarating." Sarcasm lacing her tone. A grin broke across the boys face, the first one she's seen the whole time she'd known him.

He honestly had a beautiful smile, and it was at that moment, she knew she'd do whatever it took to see it as much as possible.

She smiled softly back at him.
And with that, they walked in a comfortable silence.

"AHHHH!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME"

I thought maybe the voice was my mind playing tricks on me from the lack of sleep, but when Carl looked over at me to signify that he heard it too, I broke out into a sprint.

"Hemera Allison Ford, get yer ass back over here!" Abrahams demand fell on deaf ears.

Rick gave carl a look, knowing exactly what he was thinking. "Don't you even think about it." And just like Abraham, his demand fell on deaf ears as carl bolted in the direction Hemera had gone.

"Damn kids gon be the death of us." Daryl muttered starting in the direction after the two teenagers.
——————————————————
Woohoo!! Chapter five!!