The hero and the villian

"But I wasn't crying because I was sad

"But I wasn't crying because I was sad. I guess I was crying because we had nowhere else to go, no choice but to go on living in this world. Crying because we had no other world to choose, and crying at everything before us, everything around us."
- Mieko Kawakami,

——————————————————

The group had been at the church for a few hours, and about half an hour ago, a few of the older people in the group had gone on a supply run.

Gabriel had told them about a place not far away, that he hadn't raided yet, because there were about a dozen biters.

Can you believe this guy? Only a dozen. How did he even survive this long?

Carl was on one of the pews reading to Judy, while I sat against the wall with my knees pulled to my chest.

The silence had given her some time to think about her life the past couple years.

It had been about two years since the apocalypse started.

Until about a month in it, was just her and her dad, her mom was only in her life for about 7 years—soon leaving right after her birthday, so she was used to it just being them.

When they had met Eugene, for awhile it upped her spirits, knowing this nightmare would be over soon. But she was just a naive child then, after a while she started to notice she wasn't her fathers top priority anymore.

This caused Hemera to resent Eugene.
She hated him with every bone in her body.
So, when Eugene came up to her she took it as the perfect time to confront him.

"Hey do you have any almonds lef-" he didn't get the chance to finish the sentence because he was soon cut off by the young redhead.
"You already have my dad, now you want my food too? God you're needy." A bit childish, but she didn't care. "What are you even talking about?" He questioned her, confusion evident in tone.

"You can do no wrong in his eyes, it's as if I'm the villian in his story and you're some hero swooping in to save him!" She definitely wasn't thinking before she spoke, but she was over it, so she continued.

"Eugene! The greatest thing since sliced fucking bread." She mocked her father, while making jazz hands in fake praise. Eugene's eyes softened at the girls words, words full of such rage.

Rage targeted at him.

Rage a girl her age shouldn't have to hold.

"It was never intentional, but I'm not a good person, ask anyone."

"You don't have to tell me twice." And with that she stood up, dusted her hands off on her jeans and walked out the front door.

——————————————————
Hope you enjoyed!!

Please leave feed back in the comments and vote if you liked the chapter!!