Twinkie daydreams

"Some days I want to spit me out, the whole mess of me, But mostly, I am good and quiet

the whole mess of me,
But mostly, I am good and quiet."

- Camille Rankine

Hemera had stubbed out her cigarette and wondered back into the barn looking around for Carl.

When she'd finally spotted him and she was making her way towards him, she was interrupted by Maggie's nervous voice.
"Hey. Everyone...this is Aaron." Maggie stood at the door Hemera had just walked in from, motioning at a lanky man next to her. "We met him outside. He's by himself. We took his weapons and we took his gear."

Aaron awkwardly waved at us, the poor guy had no idea what he was getting into. "Hi", when he spoke Maggie glared at him.

"Shh."

"It's nice to meet you." Rick stepped forward with a hard glare, quite the contrast to the grin she'd seen just a few minutes before.

"You said he had a weapon?" Rick questioned Maggie, turning to Aaron "is there something you need?" Maggie stepped slightly in front of Aaron, trying to de-escalate the situation, "He has a camp nearby, He wants us to audition for a membership."

Too soon mags, too soon

"I wish there was another word" a nervous chuckle flew past Aaron's lips, and he was suddenly wishing he hadn't excepted Deanna's offer to go recruiting. "Audition makes it sound like we're some kind of a dance group." Aaron tried to lighten the mood by adding an overly peppy "That's only on Friday nights." But personally, Hemera thought he'd made it even worse, and judging by the look on Rick's face, he did too.

"Um, and it's not a camp. It's a community.
I think you all would make valuable editions, but it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home."

That's totally not suspicious at all.

"I know. If I were you, I wouln't go either.
Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Sasha, can you hand Rick my pack?
Front pocket, there's an envelope." Aaron turned back to a wary Rick, "There's no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community. That's why I brought those." He gestured to the photographs.

I apologize in advance—for the picture quality...We just found an old camera store last—"

"Noboy gives a shit."

"You're absolutely, 100% right." Aaron's figure shrunk slightly as he nodded vigorously, before noticing the picture Rick was looking at.

"That's the first picture I wanted to show you because nothing I say about our community will matter unless you know you'll be safe." I shot Rosita who stood a few feet away from me a look that read, oooh fuck.

"If you join us, you will be. Each panel in that wall is a 15-foot-high, 12-foot-wie slab of solid steel is framed with steel beams
and square tubing. Nothing alive or dead gets through that without our say-so."