ɢᴀɴᴋᴇ ʟᴇᴇ ?

🕷️.﹀﹀NEXT DAY﹀﹀.🕷️

It was my first day back to school after my father was sent to prison. Mrs. Morales had decided to drop Miles and I off instead of walking.

"No quiero problemas, Miles. Me entiendes?" (I don't want problems, Miles. You understand me?) Rio threatens. "Not unless someone causes problems" Miles mumbles silently. "What did you say?" Rio asks immediately. Miles cowardly stays silent.

I notice Mrs. Morales stops the car in the entrance of Brooklyn Visions Academy. "Ok, call me if anything. Miles, tell Ganke to stop inviting himself. And Y/n, they gave you a new schedule to manage your work and school" Rio states.

I nod eagerly and open the door. Miles and I get out the car "Adios, Mrs. Morales" I say, waving. "Te amo, mama" with one last wave and air kiss from Rio, I close the door.

The minute Miles and I walk in, I wanted to leave. It wasn't the fact that I just entered hell, it was the fact that everyone (especially girls) sent dirty looks my way.

"𝘈𝘺, 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘳𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘯?"

"𝘐 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘪𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘥"

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯' 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴?"

"𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥? 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮"

I look down and continue my way to my locker.

Miles follows me and leans against a locker as he stares at me doing my combination. After I open my locker, he lifts my chin up with his hand "Keep your head up. You're lettin' them get to you" He says cooly.

I get caught off guard and feel flustered. I push my mixed feelings aside and grab my things "Thanks" I say, a small smile on my face.

After a minute of silence, he walks away to his locker.

I roll my eyes and sigh 'what's up with me?'

When I turn around, looking at everyone in the eye, they get intimidated and turn away. 'maybe I should take his advice'

Running to my classes, difficult questions being asked, going in and out of my locker, kids laughing, BEING SHOVED AROUND, KIDS LAUGHING, GETTING TRIPPED, KIDS LAUGHING, TAKING NOTES, KIDS LAUGHING!

I feel my anxiety and frustration kick in as I bounce my leg in anticipation and glance at the clock. It was about time to go to lunch.

The bell rings and I immediately feel myself bounce out of my chair and grab my things, leaving the classroom. Ever since school started, i've felt most melancholy.

I walk through the crowded halls and notice Miles in his locker. He appeared calm and unbothered. I stroll to him with heavy textbooks in my hand.

"Hey" I say, tiredly leaning to a locker. Miles stares at me and his eyes glisten, though no emotion was shown on his face "What's up, loca? Estas bien?" he asks, reaching up for a book.

I notice a ton of small folded papers in his locker, some were even heart shaped. "You got admirers" I speak, smiling sadly. I wasn't in a good mood and needed to at least talk to someone to bring my energy back.

Morales looks at the papers and shrugs, turning his attention back to me "I don't care about em'. They kinda annoying" He admits. I chuckle, feeling my textbook get heavier.

"Not like you" he says smirking. I nervously stare away from the eye contact and my arms give out, allowing the textbook to fall on the ground.

'what typa witchcraft is he doing to me. MILES!? seriously? Why am I getting flustered this easily'

Before I could reach down to pick it up, a boy with glasses picks it up for me and hands me it. He then does a handshake with Miles.

"Dude, you heard about the rumor of you and the girl your mom took in?" he asks. Miles rolls his eyes at his cluelessness. "Mm yeah. You mean the girl right beside you, dipshit?" Miles asks.

I laugh as the boy with glasses turns to me. "Oh! I-I'm Ganke Lee. Nice to neet-MEET you" He stutters, scratching the back of his neck. Miles shakes his head "You got no game, man" he mumbles.

___
Thank you for reading!

I had to get this chapter out before the tornado hit my town and the electricity would be out until 10. 😭

Chao! Stay safe<3
-C i a n i