Chapter 1.

With him It's like everything else just fades away and all that matters is standing there right in front of me. The people around us are all irrelevant. And in his arms I feel safe. Neither of us perfect but I felt so at home in that moment. Time kind of just froze. Nothing mattered, nothing else existed it was just us. I could see the life burning so bright in his beyond gorgeous eyes. His hands slid down my side down to my hips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and in the next moments we danced to the sound of crickets outside in the summer heat underneath the moon. I felt his lips touch mine and I didn't even want to part. I looked up at him and smiled just savoring the exact moment.

"Avery, we haven't been dating long but I am deeply and wildly in love with you and who you are. It's almost as if you were created just for me. I've always dreamed of finding a girl as perfect as you."
Looking in my eyes that had filled with tears.

"Greyson, I'm no where near perfect." I said with lack of confidence.

"To me you are perfect. Your flaws, all of your little imperfections, all your perfections, your mistakes, your scars, everything. To me your the only girl that matters and I'm not leaving your side no matter what happens."

I couldn't keep myself together and immediately broke down as he wiped away all of the tears.

"I love you." I said trying to recover.

"I love you too."

Kissing my forehead and grabbing a hold of my hand pulling me in close.
I felt a sprinkle hit the tip of my nose and in seconds it began pouring. Hand in hand we played in the rain and ran to the truck. We drove off and now it was time to go home.
*Next Morning*
I woke to the smell of breakfast and walked downstairs to see what dad was cooking up.

"Good morning sweetheart. How'd you sleep?"

"I slept fine for the first time in a while."

I usually wake up from nightmares of the car accident from last year. I lost my mom in that accident where a drunken driver ran a red right and hit us head on. I've missed her so much and not a day goes by I don't think of her.

"Well that's a surprise, I'm glad you slept good though." He said smiling at me.

"So whatcha cooking?"

"Nothing for you." He said sarcastically.

"Well that's a lot of food for only one person"

I gave him a look and stole some bacon off the plate. He only laughed. I loved hearing him laugh because for what seemed like the longest time he never such as smiled when mom passed.
*After Breakfast*
I ran straight up to my room to get dressed.
"Uggggh! I have absolutely nothing to wear."

I complained looking through my closet. I threw on shorts, a blue t-shirt, and sandals. I went into the bathroom and used very light makeup and straightened through my short black hair.
"I guess this is fine."

I said aloud. I heard Greyson honk the horn from outside so I ran downstairs and saw him standing in the doorway talking to dad.

"What time should I have her home?" Greyson asked gentlemanlike.

"Before 12 tonight." Dad said sternly, trying to come off as scary.

"Yes sir." Greyson respected my father and my father really liked that.
I kissed my dad's cheek and ran to the truck

"You look beautiful." Greyson said to me as we walked off the porch.

"As do you." I chuckled and we went on our way.