Chapter 12 - Stark Tower Pt. 3

Suddenly, my eyes snapped open, and I saw James, Ned, and MJ leaning over me. I sat up, my face emotionless. I looked around, taking in my surroundings. I was in the museum, lying on the ground. The rest of my class stood to the side, looking scared. I stood up, forcing a smile.

Ned rushed forward, causing me to stiffen and instinctively step away from him, but he didn't stop, crushing me in a hug. "You scared me." He muttered.

James stepped forward next, also embracing me. "Dude, you really need to stop doing that." James said.

"What?" I asked, confused. "What happened?"

James frowned. "You had another flashback. We had to lay you down because you were shaking so bad we thought you would pass out."

"Oh." So that was what it was. I muttered a few Asgardian curses under my breath [Not actual cursing. It's like what they do in Percy Jackson. Styx, and go to the crows, and all that jazz]. "Great," I said. "Wonderful timing."

Ned raised an eyebrow. "Sarcasm?"

MJ elbowed him in the side. "Duh. He doesn't want a flashback at all. Much less when his school is here." She rolled her eyes and pulled me into a hug.

I hugged her back before thinking of something. "How long? How bad was it?"

James winced. "Well, it was about 25 minutes of screaming and you spoke a bit. We had to hold you down for a bit."

I paled. "What did I say?"

"You said it was all your fault. You said it over and over again. You said they died because of you, but your class couldn't hear you," he said quietly.

I cursed in Asgardian again, this time less softly.

"Watch your language," Loki said, walking in, followed by Natasha and Clint, whom everyone stared at. "Cap would blow a gasket if he knew what you just said."

I glared at him. "And how would he know? You going to tell him?"

Loki paled under the intensity of my glare. "Uh, no. Why would I do that? That's Bucky's job."

I snorted. "Mr. Barnes would never tell on me. Not even to Captain Rogers. And besides, he can't understand me."

"Thor?"

"He wouldn't dare."

"So, if Steve did manage to find out, who would die?"

"I don't kill," I said.

Loki pouted. "Why nooot?"

I looked him in the eye. "Killing is wrong. Maiming is wrong. We've been over this," I said firmly.

Loki rolled his eyes. "Fiiiine. Not unless I really want to."

"Loki," I warned, my voice dangerously calm.

"Okay, okay," he yelped. "Please, have mercy. I won't kill anyone."

Flash scoffed from behind me, reminding me of their presence. The three turned to Flash and I paled. "Uh, okay. We should probably continue with the tour now."

Loki frowned but nodded. "I suppose so."

Natasha glared at Flash, and I quickly intervened. "No."

"But—"

"No."

Natasha scowled. "Fine."

I sighed in relief. James quickly got control of the group. "Alright. Next stop is level 12, where we will be learning about how security works."