A New fresh start

Present time—

-Lau pov-

"Ok... OK... just ask mom about going to a school it's not going to be that bad right? No one outside the empress coven knows I'm a princess right? It will be fine..."

*as you walked through the halls you got a few good mornings and salutes from the Steves until you got to the throne room and opened the doors*

"Mama?" "Oh good morning mija how was your sleep?" Your mom asked. "It was good, but I have to ask you something..." "what is it mija?"

"I was thinking can I... go to school?"

Your mom was shocked at your request.
"Mija... why have you suddenly wanted to go to school?" "The Steve's are starting to get on my my nerves and Lilith keeps teaching me the same things and I want to learn how to make a few friends..." "but mija you have hunte- "

"I knew him ever since I was born mama..."

"No" said your mom as the denied your request
"B-but-" "no mija the outside world is dangerous and unless you learn to protect yourself I can't let you leave the castle without supervision unless your in your uniform."

"I- ok..."

Then you left the room

-lilith pov-
"Your majesty if I may speak freely" "you may" the empress replied. "Lau is very strong, she almost broke my arm once in a duel, I think lau is ready for the outside world. Plus lau can catch almost any criminal and they are already very skilled in all the covens, and don't you think it would be a nice birthday gift?"

"Hmmm"

-lau pov-
As you walked through the hallways back to your room you got more salutes from the Steves and a few "hello princess" from some of the coven heads and you said hi back.

As you made it to your room you went in, closed the door and took a deep breath in "and...

OF COURSE THAT WOULDN'T WORK!" You yelled as you flopped down on your bed. "She said NO?!" Hunter asked. "I Know right? Is it that hard to just GO TO SCHOOL?!" "You know auntie... she won't ever let us go outside unless we're on duty..."

"But hey we still have each other lau" hunter said as he sat on your bed. "But don't you ever want to have new experiences Hunter?" You asked your cousin "of course I do... it just... I don't know we don't really know anything or anyone out side the emperors coven... plus we both have social anxiety, it's hard meeting new people."

"I know... but don't you want to know what the outside world is like? Y'know when people don't worship us?" You said as you sat up and looked at hunter.

"Yea I do, but we can't really disobey the empress... we can't just start a teenage rebellion out of nowhere" Hunter stated.

"I'm going to take a walk" you said.
You went out to the castle gardens and looked at all the odd but beautiful plants and trees. "Hmm they look more beautiful than I remember"as you said that a giant piranha plant tried to eat you but you disintegrated it with a fire spell.

-3rd person-
As the days went by it was finally lau's birthday.
They were turning 13 but they got a gift that they would never expect to receive from their mother.

-Lau pov-
"Hey... HEY Lau... wake up!" Some one whisper yelled

"Ugh... cinco más minutos..." you groaned (plz correct me if the order is wrong)

"WAKE UP!" "Ahh! Eh hunter!? Plz stop scaring me like that!" "Happy birthday Lau!" Hunter yelled "it's my birthday already?... god... the most boring day of the year..."

"Nope not this birthday!" "What do you mean?"
"Hurry get dressed!" Hunter yelled.

After you got changed into your coven uniform you opened vanity and grabbed a brush and combed your hair. After you brushed your hair you put it way and made it to the doorway. You opened the bedroom doors and saw kikimora standing outside.

"Kikimora?" "Your majesty, your mother wants to speak to you" "why?" You asked "I'm not sure myself but you should probably start heading to the throne room" Kiki responded and moved out of your way.

As you started going to the throne room you thought "did I do something wrong? am I in trouble? Is it another boring life lesson?"
As you approached to throne room doors you opened them and went inside.

"Good morning mija, feliz cumpleaños!" "Thanks mama" "me, Lilith, and hunter thought about your request... we have enrolled you into a school called hexside..." "Wait really?!" You yelled happily. "Yes, your name will be lau zodia and you will excel at your classes"

"Oh MY TITAN" you yelled happily"but there's also another thing I need you to do" the empress said "what is it?" "I need you to spy on the human as well" "oh ok when will I be going?" "Tomorrow. Now why don't you go spend the rest of the day doing whatever you want mija" "OH MY GOD GRACIAS MAMA!"

As you left the room you were so happy. As you walked down the halls you looked like you were about to explode. When you approached your room you opened the doors, walking in and closed them and...

"So do you like your gift?" "I LOVE IT THANKS HUNTER YOUR THE BEST" you said as you crushed you cousin in a huge hug "Lau I can't breathe!" "Oh sorry Im just so excited! I'm finally going to be able to meet people!"

As you kept ranting about school to hunterit was finally nighttime and you want to sleep excited for the next day to come.