𝟢𝟢𝟣, 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗇𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝖻𝗈𝗋

──────── 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐑──season one, episode one𝟢𝟢𝟣,     𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗇𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝖻𝗈𝗋

season one, episode one
𝟢𝟢𝟣,     𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗇𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝖻𝗈𝗋

JOHNNY LAWRENCE barged into his daughter's room early in the morning, holding a freshly filled bag of trash. He grabs a pillow and throws it at her. She groans. "Juli, get up. You're taking out the trash with me today."

She rolls over and looks at her father. "You have two legs and two arms. Do it yourself."

"I'll drop the bag on you." He holds it above her and his hand slips before catching it.

At the movement, Juliette flinches and groans, throwing off her blanket. She snatches the bag from him. "You are a literal child."

Johnny laughs and follows behind her. "It's father and daughter bonding, Juliette. Look it up."

"I would hardly consider this bonding, dad."

He shrugs and the two travel out of the apartment. Johnny's keys in hand as he was leaving for work. They walk toward the large dumpster, and a teenage boy approaches them. "Hey, I'm Miguel. My family and I just moved into 109."

Juliette looks over her shoulder and smiles. "Hi, Miguel."

Johnny looks over his shoulder. "Great. More immigrants."

Juliette slaps his shoulder. "Actually, we're from Riverside." Miguel said with a kink in between his brows. "But, anyways, I was just wondering if you were having trouble with your water pressure, 'cause I know our sink is being weird right now."

Juliette looks at Miguel. "Water pressure sucks here. Always has." Johnny takes the trash from his daughter and throws it in the dumpster. "I didn't sort the bottles!"

He closes the lid. "That sucks." Juliette rolls her eyes as Johnny steps toward their new neighbor. "Listen, Menudo, I've lived in this shit for longer than she's been alive. The pipe's don't work. The fountain's full of piss. The only good thing about being here is I don';t have to talk to anybody. So, nice knowing you."

Johnny grabs his tool box and walks away. "Sorry, he's cranky, like, all the time now," Juliette says.

Miguel shakes his head. "It's all right."

Juliette nods and offers her hand. "Juliette Lawrence. Local resident."

"Miguel Diaz." He smiles. "New resident."

"So, you said you just moved in?" Miguel nods. "Cool. Uh, where are you going to school?"

"West Valley," he says. "You know of it?"

Juliette chuckle. "I go there. Not all rainbows and butterflies, though."

"What do you mean?"

Juliette looks at him. "When's your first day?"