Chapter 7

Sorry for the delay with this chapter I had struggles with writers block and my depression had put a halt on writing any of my stories. I hope I didn't make you guys think that I have abandoned my stories. I've been going through a really rough time with family members passing away and one of my friends passing away in a car accident a few days ago on the 24th of December. I deeply apologize. I'm still struggling but I'm getting better.

Authors note:
Flashbacks
den den mushi
(Thunderbird talks)
[phoenix talks]
'Thoughts'

Luffy's pov

I wake up from a terrible nightmare and I get up taking the hospital gown off and turn into a smaller version of my thunderbird form. I walk to the door of the infirmary to where I realize that the door is a swinging door. I push on the door and open it to the point where I can fit through. I use my observation haki to find Marcos room and I peck on it for what seems like minutes when the door opens and I notice that Marco must be too tired to notice me until I make a soft trill. He looks down and lets out a tired chuckle. And Marco picks me up before saying "You're going to be in trouble with Whiskey in the morning."

I let out a trill, "Of course you don't care," Marco chuckles as he carries me to his bed and lays down. I ruffle my feathers and he gives me a small smile "are you going to change back so i can kiss you?"

I shake my head and snuggle up against his neck and fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up before he does and quickly changes back into my human form and gets under the covers and falls back asleep.

Marcos pov:

I wake up to my door being banged on before realizing that Luffy had changed back into her human form and that she's naked. Just as I managed to cover her up my door gets slammed open and a panicked Thatch comes in. "Marco, Luffy's brothers are freaking out because their sister isn't in the infirmary and Whiskey yelled at them because her patient is missing." Thatch explains.

Apparently that's when Luffy makes herself known by groaning and sitting up, Thatch immediately looks away but not before snickering, "of course you would have her in your room. I'll tell the her brothers that she's safe with you and also tell Izo to make her some clothes, since she's naked." And then he leaves closing my door as he does.

I turn and glare at Luffy, who tiredly rubs her eyes and she has the nerve to ask, "what?"

"You just had to sit up and why are you naked?" I question her.

"Hmm? Oh you guys put me in an uncomfortable gown after taking my clothes. So what else was I supposed to do?" Luffy says yawning.

I shake my head and get up to find something for her to wear. I toss her a rarely used shirt and she slips it on. I chuckle softly as it totally looks like a dress on her. Before i break the news, "oh by the way Luffy I had to tell Shanks about you pretending to forget about your brothers and him."

"Wha? Why?" Luffy glares at me upon the words leaving my mouth.

"He already had a sneaking suspicion that you didn't actually forget them." I explain.

Luffy sighs, "I don't even know what to say to my brothers. I have to come up with an excuse to how I get 'my memories' back."

"I may have an idea." I start to say, and she gestures for me to continue. "How about when you see see Shanks you act like you're starting to remember your memories."

"That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea." Luffy says as she starts to walk towards the door. I grab the shirt collar and look at her disappointedly. "What?" She asks cluelessly. And I look her up and down and ground out, "I'm not going to let you out there in just that."