47 | helpless

Chapter 47 : Helpless 

Aadarsh woke up to a soft rumble. He stirred and opened his eyes and looked around. For a few moments he was disoriented, completely disconnected with his surroundings. He turned to his side to find Ruhaani nestled against his left arm completely covered in the blanket till her neck.

Her hand held on to his arm, like she was hugging it. He slowly turned his head to her side and gazed at her. All the happenings of the previous night rushed back to his mind with full force. The walk, the rain, the café and the kiss.

His gaze softened as the memory of the gentle kiss brought about an odd stirring in his heart. His gaze cascaded down to her hands that held his arm. She slept so peacefully.

His other hand lazily reached out to touch her cheek, when another rumble echoed in the room. He snapped his head in the direction of the door, realizing it was a knock. Hurriedly, he slipped his arm out of her hold, by gently lifting her hand off it. She stirred, still in sleep. In a desperate hurry he got off the bed and strode to the door. The last thing he wanted was any more awkwardness.

"Good morning!" his sister said brightly standing next to Abhi. Both of their smiles faded as they stared at him.

"What?" He exclaimed tartly.

"You just woke up?" Abhi asked surprised, noticing his brother's disheveled hair.

"Bhabhs is still asleep?" Ashvi asked a similar shock appearing on her face, as she tried to look beyond her brother's shoulder, raising herself on her toes.

"Yes, she is!" He sighed.

"I am awake." Ruhaani mumbled sitting up having picked up their conversation, although still not fully awake.

"Do you guys know what the time is?" Abhi asked.

"No," Aadarsh walked back, tilting his neck on both sides to flex his stiff muscles.

"Bhaiya, Bhabhs, it's nine. We are all ready." Ashvi informed them.

"Nine?" Ruhaani exclaimed, her gaze moving around the room. "Where's my phone?.... Oh, it's in the suite."

"Bhaiya!" Ashvi turned to her brother who sat on the chair listlessly, letting out a yawn. "Get ready quickly."

"I need a tea first." He spoke, his words sprawled over as he stretched his arms.

"You can have it at breakfast. The driver is going to be here in an hour. The weather has cleared up, it's a bright sunny day in the mountains, which means paragliding is on!" Abhi said excitedly.

Aadarsh gave him a glare, still pissed at him for last night.

"Good idea, I will get ready ASAP!" Ruhaani chirped, now fully awake, tying up her hair.

Aadarsh's gaze drifted to her. He watched her while she tied her hair up asking Abhi if the kids were up and ready. His gaze descended down to her full sleeve pastel blue t-shirt. She had nothing on underneath. The movement of her arms to tie up her hair, easily gave away the absence of a bra. If he could make that much out so could others in the room.

"Abhi, I need your room key. I will get ready there." Aadarsh spoke up, directing Abhi's attention towards him and away from Ruhaani. Letting go that grudge he decided to harbour. "You can get ready here," he spoke looking at Ruhaani. She nodded, as their eyes met for a very brief few seconds.

"Cool, by the way I spoke to the hotel manager and he said he'll have our stuff moved to the suite post-breakfast. Make sure you guys also have your stuff packed."