The Renewal

Jin felt like a world war was gonna break out at any time in his own living room.

On one side was Namjoon, sitting at the dining room table typing away at his laptop, each tap of his fingers getting more and more aggressive as the Omega he saw as an intruder continued to push the Alpha's boundaries.

On the other side was Taehyung, lying back on their white sofa with his sticky hands covered in crab chips crumbs, his feet up on the $200 coffee table that was a gift from Namjon's parents.

Taehyung seemed to enjoy the irritation bubbling inside Namjoon, but Jin was convinced that he just enjoyed irritating Alphas in general. In the little imaginary war he and Jimin constantly fought, they enjoyed getting one over on their enemies despite the swift and terrible punishments they'd be sure to receive.

Speaking of punishments, Taehyung's cheek was still a little red and swollen from the slap Jungkook coldly dished out to him. Jin and Namjoon had heard it from inside the hotel room, and Jin had immediately rushed outside.

The elevator doors were closing but he could hear Jimin and Jungkook arguing. Jin had been stunned that Jungkook would dare hit an Omega. Proper Alphas usually saw your average Omega as a vulnerable population. People to be protected, not battered.

It truly made him fearful for just how badly Jungkook treated Jimin behind closed doors.

Taehyung had been sliding down the hotel wall, still recovering from the blow, anguished tears in his eyes as a bruise began to stain his skin.

At first Taehyung was unresponsive to Jin repeatedly asking if he was okay, until suddenly the Omega sprang up and stormed into his hotel room. He began packing his bags and still wouldn't respond to Jin's concern.

After about an hour of arguing and one sided insults being hurled towards Jin on Taehyung's end, Jin finally managed to convince him to stay with him and Namjoon until he could find a new place where he'd be safe.

He didn't want to risk Taehyung being followed by that psychopath who had attacked him and Jimin in the restroom, and maybe the guy would think twice about messing with them if he noticed they had an Alpha living with them.

Namjoon was a little easier to convince, after Jin promised it wouldn't be a long stay and Taehyung said he'd pay rent. Not because he really wanted to, but because he didn't want to have yet another place he slept be due to the pity of an Alpha.

It was only day one of the three living together, and already Taehyung was driving Namjoon absolutely crazy. Not only did he carelessly eat the couple's food and leave crumbs everywhere, but he practically spoke in "Passive Aggressive".

Namjoon was holding his tongue like the good guy he was, but everybody had a breaking point. And Kim Taehyung had a tendency to know just what to say or do to get you to put your foot on the gas and crash right through that barrier.

Jin approached the couch, arms crossed. Taehyung raised a disinterested eyebrow as his friend approached. "I was looking for you." Taehyung lied sluggishly. He had been lying on the couch all day and Jin had been sweeping nearby.

"Do you mind?" Jin asked with as much control as he could. "I'm trying to sweep." His eyes coasted over the chip crumbs on the couch spilling over to the floor.

"Oh. Not at all." Taehyung smiled widely before dumping the rest of the contents of his chip bag onto the floor.

Jin's eyes widened. "Hey! Are you serious, Kim Taehyung?!"

Taehyung flinched. "Don't call my name like that. You sound like my mother."

"And here I thought you were raised in a barn." Namjoon muttered.