Wishful Thinking

"I've been holding back for the fear that you might change your mind." 

- Excerpt from Little Did You Know by Alex & Sienna

This morning, I slept much better than usual. Why?

This time, Lorenzo is with me. I just watch his beautiful face as he sleeps. His black eyelashes are so long it's making me jealous about it.

I want to cherish this moment forever for many reasons. I'm still afraid that it's not real and that he'll leave me soon but I want to think against that. He's staying now and forever.

I need to get my day ready. I slept in probably much later than usual.

I begin getting out of bed but someone grabs my waist throwing me back down.

"I'm cold," he mumbles against my back.

I laugh in response.

"No wonder, you're literally shirtless with only boxers on."

His hands travel down my body. He goes and fumbles with my underwear and then proceeds to say, "You're only wearing underwear."

"I know that, Enzo." I grab his hands and place it back around my waist. He's giving me butterflies and I'm not in the position right now for it to lead somewhere.

I meant to turn on the heater because I knew it was going to be cold soon but I completely forgot because he distracted me.

Like usual.

"Okay, Lorenzo let go," I whine, "I need to go to the bathroom."

"I don't want to."

"I don't care. I need to go pee," I say again, forcing his hands away from me. He lets out an annoyed groan but nevertheless lets me go.

I put on his shirt that was on the floor and some black pajama pants and I was feeling warmer by the second. I put on the heater and went to the bathroom.

Looking in the mirror, I look at the hickies he gave me. Only one is peeking out of the shirt and some of them aren't as vibrant as they were last night due to a remedy I had to put on them.

Ashton won't think I'm getting abused or anything of that sort.

I do my business and by the time I come out, Lorenzo is on the couch, still with no shirt on but with his sweatpants on from last night.

He's watching the news that's on TV.

I go to the stove and begin making lunch. It's nearly 12 and Ashton should be coming back soon from his baseball practice.

After he spent the night with his friends, they would go to baseball practice and then he would go home in which Chloe would be picking him up.

I'm just going to be making something simple. Pizza.

I go into the freezer and I put the pizza into the oven. I feel Enzo press against me once I close the oven door, leaving a gentle kiss on the back of my neck.

He swiftly turns me around and then kisses me on the lips.

This feels right.

Us being together is what it was meant to be.

I was just waiting, albeit like a fool at times, for him to appear and swoop me right back off my feet.

"Lorenzo, get off," I mumble, softly pushing him off of me.