curiosity and the cat

"We must suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment." 

- Excerpt from Jim Rohn 

 We sit down at the church seats in slight impatience.

Shanice and Elijah's wedding is today and today was a bit of a rush trying to get dressed and make it out with three people to account for, specifically a small child to get dressed into a suit.

We managed just fine since, of course, we're here.

Soon, we hear the music playing and around that time, everyone looks back to see the bride walk down the aisle in typical bridal fashion.

Shanice was... oh my fucking god, so beautiful. I've never met her before, or well I think I've seen only one or two pictures from Enzo but not much.

She is a beautiful black woman.

During the ceremony, my heart couldn't stop beating. This is going to be me soon and at times I would glance down at my own ring.

Butterflies would appear in my stomach, or it's one of the twins kicking, I've reached the time where they do that. But nevertheless, I'm in absolute anticipation for next year.

We've talked for a while and decided, together, that the wedding planning will most definitely be a slow process mainly because we want to wait to have the wedding after the babies are born... as impatient as we are, I don't want a baby bump in my pictures.

We also need to settle in properly with the schedule change due to the babies. I need to recover from having, giving birth, and taking care of a set of twins.

Thing is: I'm going to be walking down the aisle on my own.

I haven't told anyone in my family about this.

I mean I've rarely talked to them. Only Chloe goes and visits her father on Thanksgiving and Christmas or sometimes briefly, like once or twice during the summer.

My parents don't even know anything about me. All they know is that I live in London with Chloe when they're technically grandparents and have a son-in-law. Shit, I don't think my mother knows where the hell I'm at. Probably thinks I'm still house-hopping in Las Vegas.

Well, technically I don't consider them grandparents. They aren't my parents so why should they get any sort of 'grandparent' rights.

Only Adrian and Zhara are their grandparents.

They may not have been the best but they most certainly didn't up and abandoned their children.

- любовь -

"Jesus Christ I can't with these groceries," I grumble, stumbling into my house with groceries strapped across my arm and wrists.

I just finish my doctor's appointment and the babies are developing quite nicely. The due date hasn't changed from March 25th.

Next time they see me, the frequency of my visits change from four weeks to now three.

Plus, today I'm 23 weeks along. So I'm halfway done cooking.

I finally open the door and I walk in.

To my absolute horror, I see Adrian playing with Ashton. I let out a small shriek and I'm powerless to do anything so I simply place my groceries down, my racing heart throwing itself against my chest.

I also reach inside the bag to grab my pepper spray. He's an old man but also had to deal with Zhara as a wife for a while and Sergei as a son so I don't know how fit he is.