Happiness

"There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved."

- Excerpt by George Sand

"Are you ready?" Lorenzo shouts from the bedroom. We're going to go to a fancy show and I need to dress my absolute best.

I put on a short-sleeved black bodysuit with a beige skirt. The skirt ends at my ankle.

I only brought a couple of shoes, and by a couple, I only mean three. I have white sneakers, black heels, and white wedged shoes because it matched adorably with one of my outfits for exploring.

I touched up my make-up, adding some gloss on my lips for some style and I appear out of the bathroom.

"Look at my beautiful angel," he says, planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

The show is called Belle Epoque which we'll be watching at the Moulin Rouge theatre in Paris. We were in some good seats at a really nice table.

Unlike most places to eat, we're right next to each other at this place.

"So, they'll serve us some dinner and drink some champagne... well you'll have something else and then afterwards we'll watch the show."

I simply nod and we talk to one another about today's adventure and what tomorrow will bring.

The food was really good. It was a three-course gourmet French dinner. Each and every bite caused me to melt into my seat. I wish I could have champagne but it has alcohol and I'm not drinking that.

When the lights dimmed, I was practically jumping out of my seat.

I tried not to blink as to not miss one second of the vibrant show in front of me. I was practically squeezing Enzo's arm to death because I was so excited.

While walking to the hotel, Enzo and I are still hand-in-hand and the whole time I was talking about the show as if he didn't see it at the same time.

"I want to watch another one," I rant to him, "That is going to be burned in my mind. I wish I could watch it over and over again."

He stays silent for a while, pondering, "I can try to squeeze us in for a different one. It's very famous so I can't make any promises."

"Really?!" I shout and I give him a big hug eventually moving to kiss him on the lips.

Entering our hotel room, I threw my clothes off and covered myself in Lorenzo's rather big clothes. I pretty much stole most of these over the course of our packing but the shorts are mine.

Laying in the bed together, enveloping one another in our warmth, we call Ashton.

We plan to say good-night to him like we did, like last night, but we also asked how his first day back to school was. He had his typical rambles talking about what he experienced today.

Enzo was exhausted and his talking pretty much put him to sleep until Ashton shouting jolted him awake.

"Ash, it's time to go to bed, remember, school tomorrow," I remind him and he whines.

"I miss you," he says and I laugh, saying that I missed him too.

"Be good to your auntie," Enzo reminds once again and he said he will.

Afterwards, he hangs up and I put the phone away, Enzo buries his face into my boobs, wanting to sleep.

"I manage to make a reservation, got some of the last remaining seats," he says and I laugh, running my fingers through his hair.