Epilogue (8)

"They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for." 

- Excerpt by Tom Bodett

It was finally time for the fireworks.

My nervous butterflies causing knots in my stomach... or maybe it's the baby kicking.

Everyone waits around as Enzo begins putting up the regular fireworks to obviously celebrate the Fourth of July.

Ace was excited and I had to remind him numerous times to stay near me and not try and touch the fireworks that could severely hurt him.

At the end of the night, the final firework gets placed and this time, Cai was the one that lit it so Enzo could be near me and we could find out the gender simultaneously.

It sparks as Cai lights it up...

It goes up with a whirling and screeching sound...

It explodes with a loud pop...

Blue!

I would be lying if my heart didn't slightly drop at the blue firework.

I wished it was pink or red but that's not what was intended and I'm fine with that.

I turn to Enzo and give him a kiss, having a slight hunch he's slightly disappointed. He's been wanting a girl since even Ashton and now that won't happen which I feel bad about that.

After he hugs me, Zhara goes and hugs the both of us as well.

"K chertu eto der'mo, I want another girl in the family," Dariya exclaims loudly, "Everybody is cursed with men for some reason."

She realizes she cursed around children and begins apologizing profusely and briefly starts crying.

If you can't tell, she's a rather crazy drunk.

Elliot goes and comforts her. In a couple of seconds she was fine and reassured us she's taking her meds.

"Maybe one of our children will grant us a daughter we'll never have?" I say, trying to reassure his racing thoughts.

"Yeah, that could happen," he says, kissing me on the forehead.

- любовь -

I let out an ear-piercing scream as it feels as if my body is quite literally being teared apart.

Which is true.

Birth is no easy task and I can't believe I pushed out three other kids and seemingly now, the biggest fourth one.

My water broke a couple of hours ago and I'm dying in fucking labor.

It didn't take long for me to be fully dilated and I got my epidural shortly upon entering the hospital.

The baby wanted out and he wanted to be out now.

However, he's a big ass child, I can tell, and I'm scared of being torn in two.

I grab Enzo's wrist hard, holding it tightly.

"I'm done! I'm so fucking done!" I scream, tears streaming down my face and I feel my throat close up.

God, I want to throw up.