Ch. 61/63 - The Crown Prince Visits the Northeast

Ok so I decided to just publish all parts from the title cause this book is 200+ chapters and wattpad has limit it to 200 chapters.

So warning this chapter is long 9000 words. Have fun.

█████████████

The Crown Prince Visits the Northeast (1)

█████████████

All of the major troops in the North were tied to the Winter Mountains for two years due to the dimensional crack. A lot of things had changed in the Empire in those two years.

The empire began to tremble in fear once news of the dimensional crack had reached the Center. Of course, the Central Government announced that they had sent huge supplies as support to the Northeast. This was so the Northeast could buy them as much time as possible. The Center wanted to use them as a scapegoat so they could have enough time to prepare for the incoming monster wave.

The Imperial Family saw this as an opportunity and took advantage of the dimensional crack to rip off huge amounts of wealth from the noble families. Of course, the nobles were people who could only gain money and never lose it so they collected all kinds of taxes from the people to give to the Imperial Family under the guise of sending continuous supply to the Northeast.

But while they were in the midst of taking advantage of each other, news about the sealing of the dimensional crack began to spread in the capital. With the risk of the dimensional crack gone, the people began to wake up one by one.

“The Imperial Family should explain themselves!”

“Where did all our money go!”

“The nobles should explain themselves!”

The people gathered together in groups and screamed for justice.

They tried to disperse them at first however this idea did not last long. So, they had no choice but to fix it immediately. They couldn’t dare to use the army to stop these people from gathering. After all, once they use force, the people from all over the Empire would use this as a sign to start a revolt.

The thought of killing the leader to kill off the people’s desire to revolt passed through their heads but they immediately realized that doing so would result in the Imperial economy stagnating. If that happened, then they would suffer from a huge loss.

In the end, all they could do was hem and haw as they continued to hold meetings without truly doing anything.

Then, the newspapers began to publish articles about the Northeast, the dimensional crack and the embezzlement of supplies as if they did not care about anything anymore.

[ Where are all of the support supplies that were supposed to be sent to the Northeast? ]

[ Are the taxes that the noble families collect from us justified? ]

[ It’s unfair for the nobles too. They have been removed from the Center for the sole purpose of protecting themselves from the dimensional crack! ]

[ Empire, are you really alright with this? ]

As these articles began to pop out day after day, a huge amount of support supplies started getting sent to the Northeast. They used the excuse of their lack of logistics system as the reason for the delay and sent off twice the amount of the promised supplies that they did not give before.