The Black Cat

Ko Mun yeong's pov

Today was a fairly boring day. I was just sitting in my room, reading books. I was lost in the words of the book when I heard the knocking on my door. It was either Rose or Ash. But I was wrong. It was a grim reaper, dressed in all black and looked like a thousand years old. He bowed to me. I also bowed to him to show respect. After all, he was way older than me.

"Your majesty, I hope I didn't interrupted your work interrupt"

"No, you didn't. By the way, what brought you here?"

"Umm. There is a black cat who is really old and died yesterday. She is not ready to leave the world and is showing lots of resistance, I checked a bit about her and. It turns out that her whole life people have treated her badly. Still still isn't listening to me or any other grim. reaper "

"Oh, can I come and see her?" I asked.

"Yes, surely your majesty, " he answered.

"Great" I replied.

He took me through a portal to that cat.

The cat was absolutely pretty but her hind legs were covered in blood.I could certainly tell that it was quite a painful death for her. I walked softly towards the cat and sat down beside her. I asked "honey, you suffered your whole life and you still don't want to come to the death cosmos. I can assure you there you will get lots of peace"

"Yeah, you are right that I had a very painful life here and everyone hated me because I was a black cat and people think bad cats are bad and bring bad luck. The world was very cruel to me. I definitely accept that and people always kept running away from me.

But you know what, there was an old lady who was really different. sit Everyday in the evening she would come to me, sit beside me and tell me about her whole day and even fed me delicious meals. She was the only person in this entire world who saw me like this, who cared for me and wanted me to live a long life. She used to tell me how lonely she is and how she never felt lonely with me. If you see, I was just like her lonely all the time, but when I was with her I was at peace. She was the one who taught me what love is. She cared for me and one day I even promised her I would never leave her. Even though she couldn't understand what I said, but we understood each other's emotions.

Yesterday I had an accident with a car. The owner of the car didn't even see that he had caused an accident care, apparently he was in a hurry and didn't care for me. It was a painful death, but because of this death I can't even meet my lady .Can you please give me a chance to meet her again? I just want to say goodbye"

She had tears in her eyes, explaining to me all of this. I felt like after being hated for so long, you just crave love, even if it is just for a short period of time. Who can understand this better than me after all? I guess this cat actually deserves her last chance, and I will give her that.

I said "Fine, I will give you your last chance, but after that you will have to come with me, okay?"

"Yea sure" she replied with a sad smile.

I took her to that old lady around midnight.

She went and hugged the old lady and said "Thank you for everything, sweetheart. I hope you have a great life ahead of you. Goodbye"

And then she came to me and said "Now, I am ready, we can go now". she said with tearful eyes.

I know this is the weirdest metaphor, but I felt like this cat was me, and the lady was like Jungkook. The whole world hated me and considered me their unlucky charm, but jungkook...... He loved me and cared for me. I really love him too. Just the thing is I don't know how I can express this and if I will express this, what will be the consequences?

................................................................................

Goodbyes are really difficult but still a huge part of our lives and we cannot skip it.

Phoenix.